Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Time to hibernate

Back in the 50's I was a boy scout and I learned to be prepared. Last week I winterized the bucket and pushed it back into the corner of the garage where the snowblower was stored. I charged the battery, changed the oil and greased the snowblower, gassed it up and got it started. Went to the liquor store and got an emergency supply of Jack Daniels just in case we get snowed in. Bring it on......

I had a dusting on my car this morning but I hear they got up to 6" in the Lake Erie "snow belt" ! :cold:
AHHHH, you gotta love that snow belt.
I lived in Ashtabula when I was a kid (Rock Creek)
We literally would get snow up against the front of the house up to the roof line where we couldnt get out the front door for most of the winter. AHH, the good ol days.......... not !

There calling for 4-8 or more here. We knew it was only a matter of time before the white stuff was going to make it's return. Last year at this time I was planting grass seed. I wish the economy would pick up so the house would sell and I can pack up the toys and move south.

Just past 3:00 and we're already getting smacked.

112911001.jpg

112911002.jpg

Considering that the fact I work @ home a considerable portion of the time is a good thing. St. Louis county just announced they are going the way of Detroit and won't plow unless there's greater than 2" of snowfall. Thing is, the roads are most treacherous when they aren't plowed and the fall is less than 2". Over that I get good traction, at least until it compacts into an icy death-sheath on the roadway.

I see a few lawsuits coming that will dwarf the expenditure to plow. But that's just my pessimistic outlook...

I only thought it was snowing, when I posted earlier. It's pounding down and there's no sign of it letting up. The wind has died down to 2 MPH and we're smack in the center of the storm, so we're going to get our share.

DCMJ, I work at home too. And on days like this, I really like it.

I had the fun of walking 7 blocks downtown Indy (in the wind) this afternoon in this crap...:confused: I'm ready for April!

Well the wind died down here but the snow is well under way. I'd say we have 4" now and we have another 7 hours to go. Lots of people without power and some of the Michigan regulars playing bumper bingo tonight. I did manage to get another cord of wood for the garage to keep me warm while working on the project. With this heavy snow I may just have to drive the truck around a little bit tomorrow to see where I can pick up some more free wood.

Well, the National Weather Service called off our winter storm watch and changed it to a winter weather advisory. This area ended up with 10 inches of the white stuff and it was heavy. Here is a picture of some of last nights damage snow storm.jpg

We got really lucky. It warmed up and started raining. The storm finally moved out before it started getting cold, so we're down to maybe 1.5" of snow on the ground. It's only 28°, but the sun is shining and we're meant to get up to 40°.

We posted atop each other. WOW! you really got it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back