Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tire paint?

tfeverfred

I have been looking to get a set of 275/60/15 tires for my bucket. Well, it seems that they only come in raised white letters on one side or are WAY over priced in black wall. The places I went to said I could paint the inside white letters with paint made for rubber bumper trim. I have seen the paint at the auto parts store and it SEEMS like it would work. I relise I would most likely have to reapply over time, but that's no problem.

Has anyone tried this or should I just pony up for the high end tires?

Rick said:
How much more for the black wall?

$100 per tire. Raised white letter-$95 each. Blackwalls- $170 each + shipping

Tires and paint...IMO

Ron

You could paint them RED

Dupli-Color Hot Tires Tire Paint Pens - summitracing.com

shw-ht200_w.jpg

I might be wrong, but, aren't whitewalls or raised white letters vulcanized onto the tire? If it was added to the tire why could you not remove it?

Martin said:
I might be wrong, but, aren't whitewalls or raised white letters vulcanized onto the tire? If it was added to the tire why could you not remove it?

I thought that too and grinding down the raised letters was a thought. But I had also heard that the raised white letters were like a seperate band made into the sidewall rubber. So, not wanting to mess the tires up or make them uglier, I sprayed them with Duplicolor paint that was made for rubber bumpers and rubber trim. They look good and I'll keep the site posted on how they last up.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back