Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tom Buckley

HAceT

Here is the headlight mount I'd like to try.
1123d1229908255-1927-t-bucket-sale-ebay10.jpg

I saw this the other day and thought if u could cut a slot in every other link this would be a cool windshield frame also.

There is a guy around here in Rolesville that took and welded a small chain all the way around his tube style frame and it looks great. It looks as if the chain is the windshield frame.

Talk about trusting your welds! Indian Larry, a renowned bike builder that was in Brooklyn... the shop was known as Gasoline Alley. Anyway, he built an entire motorcycle frame out of chain... the bike was called "Chain of Mystery"

3717767455a4352306885b963707402l.jpg

I had a chance to meet him and observe him interact with a lot of folks... stand-up humble man with more talent that a lot of the better known builders ever dreamt of having... I still morn his loss.

HAceT said:
Here is the headlight mount I'd like to try.

I could probably get you an old link belt chain with about 1" to 2" links. Heavy as crap to ship, but if you want something different. A link belt is like a motorcycle chain, Flat figure 8s on the side instead of a bunch of joined rings.

HAceT

That shouldn't be too hard to do. Find some unplated chain since it would be easier to weld. Build a simple jig out wood. Dado a groove in the jig to keep the links in line.

If you have a TIG machine or access to one, you could keep the welds smaller and more controlled. Any kind of welder would work, but use a higher alloy rod like 7018, because most chain is alloy.

Al - Of all the "big name" bike builders, I liked the stuff Indian Larry did best. His stuff was built to be really ridden. Unlike the typical "show bike". Well, most of it anyhow.

Mike

Humidi-T said:
I could probably get you an old link belt chain with about 1" to 2" links. Heavy as crap to ship, but if you want something different. A link belt is like a motorcycle chain, Flat figure 8s on the side instead of a bunch of joined rings.

It sounds good. If possible can you send me a pic of the chain at my email? and How much for the chain and shipping? Thanks for the suggestion.

Hats off to one of the best and most missed builders.

Go Sooners

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back