Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Total Performance Frame

I see what you mean ....look at my avatar , I'd bet the dimensions are the same , I think what your seeing is the wire wheels and the frame color throwing the perception off ?????

That's a great looking T-bucket. Now I totally understand wanting to achieve a certain look for your car - that's why I sold the first T-bucket I bought and built one from the ground up. But . . . to me it looks like you are going to do an awful lot of work for a minor change in appearance. The look you have, with the front frame rails extended out from the engine and radiator have a kind of dragster look in my eyes - low and mean. However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and if you must, go for it. However, don't be surprised if it's a lot more work and headache than you anticipate.

(My first T)
Bkt1-C.jpg

Is that copper plating on the front shocks and brackets???

What kind of water pump? Aluminum?

I will show you a picture of my first T, came out of Louisiana ,Sold the T, wanted a closed car so I built a chopped 30, 2 door, but still wanted a T so I sold the 30 A, I purchased this T and have complete rebuilt everything my self from the ground up, (the previous owner had NO knowledge of cars ) I just don't like the purple frame and purple rearend, so at the same time when I change the color I want to shorten the front by 5" so I don't have the Junk lower radiator flashing there, I am a perfectionist . 2019 2-4.jpg

Thanks Spanky, Yes it is in my Eyes, I need something to do so I improve it all I can, I want to put a Jag rearend in it like my first, but money is stopping me as I would want it chromed, Nothing like an open Jag chromed going down the road !!

Yes it is coper plating , and the water pump from Speedway,
That's very nice, I assume it was to coordinate with the body color?

How did you keep it shinny?

It was on the car when I purchased it, and yes I think the body color was to accent the copper, I would rather have chrome as the copper is a lot to keep up with , The previous owner did not keep up with it, but I am getting it under control. I have accented the copper with chrome parts as time goes by, I use Blue-Metal Polish, not cheep but will protect the copper, and chrome, but takes work ,!

409T, sorry for the late reply, Yes only a little closer, I just don't like the space in front of the radiator, and I have a shell from speedway and the lower chrome does not fit properly or to my liking .

I don’t find it objectionable. But then mine is about 6’ (yes feet) from my motor to the front axle! How about a louvered panel in front of the radiator?

I am trying to make it like my first t and like something from the 60's when I idolized the T buckets , I borrowed 1000.00 from my nom to buy a nostalgia dragster in the 60's, I think I am stuck in that time zone !!!

I'm going to guess that you have already thought of cutting 5" out of each frame rail in front of the radiator.

Some what, I want to remove the tube and relocate back, I just didn't know how the torsion shocks were installed , and if it would make a major difference in handling, Now it handled real good until I get over 50 and nailing it, at that time the right wheel starts to bounce, I have not balanced the front wheels at this time, so I think the front is set up great, Just don't want an accident to happen due to shorting the wheelbase.

Some what, I want to remove the tube and relocate back, I just didn't know how the torsion shocks were installed , and if it would make a major difference in handling, Now it handled real good until I get over 50 and nailing it, at that time the right wheel starts to bounce, I have not balanced the front wheels at this time, so I think the front is set up great, Just don't want an accident to happen due to shorting the wheelbase.
Just so others will know what you mean , those are " Friction" shocks , and what you've experienced at speed is why most of us have gotten rid of them in favor of tube shocks , the " hopping " can initiated by any number of things including out of round , out of balance ,& tracking ( alignment ) issues ,regardless of what you decide with the frame( I see nothing that needs changing ?) Consider changing to tube shocks ( or if you have a money tree , theirs hydraulic lever shocks )

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back