Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Track roadster grille fabrication.

The center bar is unique, however the remaining 20 bars will be pairs with a left and right being the same for each pair. It takes about 45 minutes to cut, grind, finish and fit each individual bar. Then about 10 minutes to file and finish each one after welding. I'm pretty sure with each pair I'll get a little faster.

. I have often thought that the grille would look better with vertical bars. Looking forward to seeing the finished piece...
Beings you already have the Speedway grill and would rather have the vertical bars, just cut out the horizontal ones and have somebody weld in some vertical bars made from aluminum rod. Would save a lot of work by not having to form a new outer ring.

I thought about doing that also but I just didn't care for the shape of the Speedway Motors grill, plus chrome plated aluminum just doesn't last as long as chrome plated steel.

Beings you already have the Speedway grill and would rather have the vertical bars, just cut out the horizontal ones and have somebody weld in some vertical bars made from aluminum rod. Would save a lot of work by not having to form a new outer ring.

keep up the good work!:)

You are an insperation for us hacks! Wow nice work.

Looking good!

Looking good!
Thanks, once all the bars are in, its time to break out the dremel and the files and emory cloth. I always polish my own parts before they go to the chrome shop. Its cheaper and they don't round off any of the edges I want to leave on.

Please post picture of finished grill.

I haven't been able to spend much time on my project, seems that way every holiday season, it goes to the backburner till after the first of the year. I have two more bars to cut, fit and weld then start filing and sanding
IMG_20121124_122027.jpg

That sir is a work of art!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back