Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the T-Bucket Forums discussions? Then sign up for a free forum account, today!

Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters                Spirit Industries                Southern Legacy Freight!               

Dismiss Notice
Thank you for visiting the T-Bucket Forums! This site was created in 2006, to provide enthusiasts with a place to discuss T-Buckets. Over the years, there have been many imitators, but this is the T-Bucket resource you have been looking to find. We encourage you to register a FREE account and join in on the discussions.

Tube Frame Track T

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by meangreen, Jun 26, 2012.

1. meangreen

meangreen
    Expand Collapse

Retired teacher
    Thanks, guilld. Yeah, I try to use as much salvage yard stuff as possible. When I got involved in building hot rods (late 1960s) there wasn't a lot of pre-fab aftermarket stuff available and you had to make do by modifying existing parts and fabricating your own brackets, suspension components, etc. I found out I had a knack for it and I still enjoy doing things that way.:cool: If you followed my build on Club Hotrod and kept count, there are parts from 12 different vehicles in the roadster, not counting the home-built frame and the fiberglass body. My '31 Ford coupe holds my personal record, though; it has parts from 32 different vehicles!:confused:

2. EX JUNK

EX JUNK
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Retired electrician
    And I might add that the '31 Coupe is one fine piece of work. Excellent craftsmanship!

Jim

Keeper likes this.
  3. meangreen

meangreen
    Expand Collapse

Retired teacher
    Thank you, Jim. That means a lot coming from you; your roadster is a study of neatness and detail. It's a true work of art from end to end and top to bottom.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. meangreen

meangreen
    Expand Collapse

Retired teacher
    I finally got around to adding the numbers and lettering to the roadster. My wife was saying I should leave it alone and my son was telling me to go for it.:confused: I vacillated for a while, but finally decided I had nothing to lose but a little time and a few feet of sign vinyl (I have my own plotter-cutter). I found some engine-turned gold vinyl online that closely replicates the swirled gold leaf that was popular on old race cars. Now that it's done I think it is the finishing touch that it needed (and my wife likes it after all). The 94 is my old stock car number and is the number I also run on my Electrathon race car.:cool:

100_1941a.jpg 100_1942a.jpg

dalekc and smokeyco75 like this.
  5. guilld

guilld
    Expand Collapse

Wow that looks good. Saved the pics in my collection of track roadsters.

6. baddawgcustoms

baddawgcustoms
    Expand Collapse

Truck Driver
    The numbers really changed the look. AWESOME CAR!! I simply love the race cars of old and you really have done that style serious justice. If I had a pocket full of money you would be building you a new one and I would be cruising in my new car!! :thumbsup:

kcline40 likes this.
  7. EX JUNK

EX JUNK
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Retired electrician
    Definitely the finishing touch! Maybe I'll get to see it in person one of these days.

Jim

8. bobs66440

bobs66440
    Expand Collapse
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Graphic Designer
    It looks great! And I'm a sign/lettering designer of 30+years who believes less is more.

9. Keeper

Keeper
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Wow, that looks great!

10. AmericanGraffiti

AmericanGraffiti
    Expand Collapse
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Quality Manager
    Great build thread!! I am an old sprint car racer myself and love your build! You nailed this one as it is purely beautiful!

EX JUNK likes this.
  11. meangreen

meangreen
    Expand Collapse

Retired teacher
    Thank you all for the compliments.

I grew up with a dad who loved racing and took me to the track frequently. Unfortunately, the track roadsters had all evolved into sprint cars by then, but I saw a lot of the old pictures of them and loved the style. I researched them for years and a few years ago Don Radbruch published a couple of pictorial history books about them. My car was what they called California style back then, but they were common in Indiana & Ohio's "Mutual Racing Association". I grew up in Indiana, so I tried to build what would have been a really top notch car back then. If you all like it then I think I was successful. Thanks again.:cool:

12. Clint Curtis

Clint Curtis
    Expand Collapse

NICE TRACK T!

13. Mats Alfredsson

Mats Alfredsson
    Expand Collapse

Looks great, and have the look off some off the rides built here in Sweden. They use Volvo parts, even sometimes the Volvo engine B20.

Advertise with Us! Advertise with Us! Advertise with Us! White Rose Technology Ting Mobile Buy VPN

SSL Certificate