Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Turtle Deck lid hinges

Kaaso

I have a CCR turtle deck and was wondering if you guys offer a hinge kit? If so, can you please post a picture?

Hi Casey, sorry we do not make a hinge kit for the turtle deck....most of our customers use a piano style hinge, but that must attach to something and the lip on the lid is very small. The best way would be to bond a 3/8" or so board to the back of the lid and attach to that. One other option is using dzus type panel fasteners in each corner.
This is a photo of our sportdeck lid hinges, Just two small stainless hinges, but the sportdeck lid has a much larger flange.

Sportdeck Photo.jpg

Here is another idea.

IMG_0799.jpg

Jim

I used cabinet hinges that I bought from Lowe's. They are the "disappearing" or "hidden" type. I removed the self-closing springs because I didn't want the constant tension on them. I bonded wood all the way around the turtle deck opening for reinforcement of the fiberglass and also so I could mount the decklid and my trunk floor. The hinges are attached to the wood with 1 5/8" drywall screws. They are attached to the lid with polished stainless steel button head bolts. (These pics were taken before I painted the car and installed the trunk floor.)
100_1692.jpg 100_1695.jpg

Jim,

Did you source those hinges or did you make them? If sourced, where?

Thanks!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back