Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

UP T body?

I am in the process of building my first T and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the bodies of this company
Up22.com??

They seem to have really good prices , I am on a major budget and I just want a standard T body without truck bed or the fancies.
The other company I am looking at is Spirit Industries.
What ya'll say?
Wp

I can answer this one. I have bought a couple bodies from unlimited. They are about a 6.5 hour drive from me, and not to far from one of my other part suppliers, so I have driven there to get the parts. The body on the car I am building now is from them. If you don't mind doing some body work, and possibly alot depending on how picky you are, they are not a bad buy. The bodys are not real straight, and they have voids in the inside corners and the lip around the top, that need to be fixed. The biggest problem I have with them, is that they have never been easy to deal with. They have that, if you don't like the way we do it, go somewhere else attitude. I have a hard time handing my $$$ over to someone like that.
I have also used spirit parts. The flamed car I posted pics of in the tube chassis thread was a spirit body. I like their bodies. The one I used was not to bad. The bed needed Major work though. But the body and seat insert were pretty nice. If you want really nice, call CCR.
I would suggest getting a quote with shipping from both, and then decide if you want to do the body work.

How tall are you? UP22 body is pretty short(48") I'd go with Spirit. There's is 52". And it's a good body.

I got my 27 body from them, I live about 30 minutes from them and the price was right. If you don't mind doing some bodywork and fiberglassing, which you are going to have to do anyway no matter who or where you get your body from. They are not bad for the price and if you take your time with their bodies, it will come out nice,http://www.masracing.biz/

You might also want to check out MAS http://www.masracing.biz

They are vary reasonably priced. If your on a tight budget, then you are looking into the right places.

I would say it is like most anything, You usually get what you pay for.. although, I have seen things that cost an arm and a leg, that were sh!t, plain and simple... So, just check it out the best you can, from others.... Like you are doing... CCR does have a great body...

LKE Sorry about the bed we have made a new mold for the 20" bed. The good thing about these boards is that it keeps us all on our toes.

UP has tho only OLD style (1915-1922) body around . The firewall is smaller but makes the engine look bigger. I have one and had to rebuild the whole left side but that's the style I wanted.

i have used the MAS bodies for a number of cars. as mr27t pointed out...you are going to have to do some work no matter who's body you start with. it kind depends on how much sweat equity you are willing to put into it.

check out the april issue of rod and custom for an idea of the work you will need to do.

Ron

On the topic of bodies what was the major differences made in 1923 to the roadsters?
How can one tell a 1922 from a 23 going purely by the roadster body itself?

UP22 having the old style bodies made me wonder about this.
Wp

the difference is the width a heigth of the firewall on the stock bodies. some of the glass '15 stye bodies have a raise back pannel and lower sides.

Ron

I bought my body from spirit, had them glass the bed, dash and put a door on the passenger side. Cost a extra $1000.00, but saved me alot of body work. Best thing I ever did.

thomas:)

I am intrigued by the fact that the UP body is based on the '22 bodystyle rather than the standard '23. I bet that small firewall would look good with my four banger engine. As for bodywork it won't have to be extra straight and smooth for me because since it is a Rat Rod I am planning I am only gonna use red primer rather than paint on the T.
Wp

CAUTION!
One of the bodys UP sells is only 40" wide at the widest point! spirits is wider 44"? for some of us Wider is Better!
Mike in ep

KAA said:
How tall are you? UP22 body is pretty short(48") I'd go with Spirit. There's is 52". And it's a good body.

I am 5 feet 11 inches tall.
The T I am building is going to be a rat rod with primer instead of paint.....Is the UP body still too rough for that or does it just need alot of working if you want it to look slick and smooth?
Wp

Talk to them before you order and tell them of my problem. They MAY be more careful in the building or fix the mold.

butch27 said:
Talk to them before you order and tell them of my problem. They MAY be more careful in the building or fix the mold.

Sh!t... Don't bother. I have stood in their office talking to them about the problems with thier parts. And they DO NOT CARE. I couldn't even get them to make them a little thicker, even with offering to pay more for it. They do what they want, the way they want, and do not care about what we want. As long as their parts sell, they are not going to fix them, or change what they do.
When you pull up to thier place, and see the huge swimming pool and boat molds, and products, out in the side yard, it is clear, auto parts are not their main business.
For the OP, if you are not concerened about the highest quality, and just want cheap, the unlimited body will do.

"UP has tho only OLD style (1915-1922) body around . The firewall is smaller but makes the engine look bigger. I have one and had to rebuild the whole left side but that's the style I wanted."

CCR has a very good 15 body which I have. It is SMALL, cramp and tight, especially with upholstery. I would say if you under 6 foot and under 180 lbs then you will fit in a 15 body. But you will not get more than 2 people in it. With me and my two sons (when they were small) was a tight fit. If you want comfort DO NOT get a 15 body.

The CCR body is NOT a standard '15 body. It is cut down on the sides and raised in the back.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back