Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Update on my Ride

Johnny

Well, here is where I am right now. No paint, yet. Headers will be ceramic coated black. Need to get the windshield posts fitted to the body and a windshield before hitting the highway with my motor runnin! Also, need to get some interior in the bucket. I really like the length of the car.

Shot of the other side. I just notice I don't have my air cleaner installed. It'll be there before I leave the drive way.

Looks like you're making good progress. What kind of body is that? It looks like it has some stretch in the cowl.

It's almost identical to what I hope mine will look like someday. I have the stretch body, centerlines, 10" wide rear tires, etc... I also made the frame longer so things aren't so cramped up front. I like yours except I think the rad is to far forward. To large a space between rad and mtr. I plan on using a reg fan and a small aluminum shroud (for safety). Not to mention there will be coil-over shocks up front also. What is your wheel base? Are you angling the windshield? I like the long low look. Nice work!

Thanks guys for the comments. Body and frame are from Ron Pope. Yeah, I think the radiator is a little far from engine, and I may move it back a little later, but that's where it's going to stay for now. Gonna try and get paperwork going for antique plate this week.

Also maybe lower rad a little and step back and see if you like. I do that alot and I'm not even close to getting to roller status yet .:thumbsdown:

Johnny, Looking good! Get that windshield on so you can take her out on the road.:D

Also maybe lower rad a little and step back and see if you like. I do that alot and I'm not even close to getting to roller status yet .:thumbsdown:

I agree 100%. ALWAYS get it outside and step back and view it as others will see it. A good looking ride HAS to profile properly.

Jim

I guess the radiator move will be in the future. I believe the wheel base is 120" RPM made the frame for the 10" stretched body. I like it long.

Headlights need set [to low] Not to be picky....................

Don't worry about your headlights being too low. I much prefer them being low rather than looking like frog eyes when they are high. However, if the cops there want to make their quota, they may bust you if you are not conforming to local regs on height. Down here in the Orlando area there is no problem as you can see with the attached picture.

One thing that I feel should be looked at is when the grill shell is higher than the cowl. That can really hurt the flow of line with the car.

Jim

I agree with EX Junk on both the low headlights and the height of the grille shell.Low headlights just look cooooool!

Looks like BenT and Ex-Junk believe that the headlights should be no higher than the headers. I concur.

Truthfully, I think Johnny's headlights are probably in the right place when you look at the profiles. I'd love to see some 3/4 shots to show now of the front end.

Looking good so far!

Here is a front shot. You guys really have good eyes. The radiator is only about a half inch high. How can you see that???

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back