Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Upgrade Thoughts...

I think your current setup is a recipe for a slug!

Actually, its very similar to one I ran on a previous 360 Mopar powered bucket, so I comment from hard learned experience.:cry:

Theres no way a stock 350 with cruiser gears and a mild cam can use a pair of 600s on a tunnel rams effectively. From memory you only need about 500cfm to feed your engine.

You can awaken your 350 with
lower gears (higher numerical numbers)
an airgap manifold and a single 4 carb.

But a tunnel ram looks cool. And we all love cool

Im currently working on a 26T coupe with a 302W and I wanted a tunnel ram again, simply for looking cool. I got a pair of Holley Projection throttle bodies and am hoping the combo will be very streetable. (I have a big engined bucket for racing and street duties but its no cruiser)

Will let you know how I get on with the EFI in about month when the car is up and running again.

Cheers
Todd

Ted.....you ain't old......your seasoned!!!!!!!..............:cool:

HeHeHe, yep Ted, your'e seasoned, mate!. So am I and now and again I'm marinated as well!!
Over carburetion has spoiled many a street rod performance wise, but short of a blower, nothing looks badder than a pair of fours perched up on a tall tunnel ram.
Screamin Metal is right on the money, 650 double pumper, dual plane, good 280 deg cam, and even 1.9/1.5" valve heads and you got a right perky little bucket. Good heads like Iron Eagles and you got a hauler ..........

Another way to wake the bucket up may be to change the gears to 3.5s and chase down a pair of 465 Holleys (I think the old 390s are extinct now) and fit up a progressive linkage.

That way, you keep the cool looks and improve the drivability, and possibly improve the gas milage some.

Im surprised that theres almost nothing available in the smaller 4bbl sizes from Edelbrock, or have I missed something? a pair of 500s isnt small.

Now here's another alternative........depends on if you want to be different or not.

You can always find a used crossram at swapmeets and such, and the early ones had pretty good lowend. On the later ones....the engineers went RPM crazy........they'd die if they had a ac compressor on them! Ha!

Instead of up high and front to rear.....your carbs would be down low and more-or-less side by side..............but they still look awesome. You can always change out the top plate and run a single if you want.........

Depends on what you want...............:cool:

Well, we got the heads off and verdict is...not good. As you can see from the pics, #4 does not look good. The gasket was fine so there is an internal leak. So, at this point, I am going to take a look at the 383 and then decide what I am going to do from there, but a new set of heads at least looks to be in the cards.

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

I would consider having the block and heads magna fluxed your to close to put the reworked heads back on JMO

Lets see a pic of the top of the piston and cylinder wall.As Paul Harvey would say the rest of the story.

putz said:
Lets see a pic of the top of the piston and cylinder wall.As Paul Harvey would say the rest of the story.

I will try to get a pic posted this eveing. From what we could tell the piston and wall was okay. You could tell where the coolant was getting into the cylinder, but we could not find any cracks or major damage. You guys may see something different, but we will see. Stay tuned...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back