Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Vin Number.

oino

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Anyone know the Vin should go on the frame.
Do I really need to put it on.
I live in Cali.
I got my Bucket registered as a 23 Ford 2 door.
The Vin is 7 digits long.

Anyone know the Vin should go on the frame.
Do I really need to put it on.
I live in Cali.
I got my Bucket registered as a 23 Ford 2 door.
The Vin is 7 digits long.

Not living in "Californication", I would say YES..... You need to match the framework with the title somehow I would think to make State regulations.... Well.....don't cha ? Just my two bits..... "BH"

I also live in California. I had the VIN engraved in a small piece of aluminum at the local sign store, and then I attached the aluminum to the top of the frame rail in front of the steering box. I did this on two different T-buckets and DMV had no problem with it. The most recent one was 2 years ago, I don't know if any requirements have changed since then.

In New Mexico when the lady at the MVD put a VIN number sticker on the frame beside the steering box, she said I had to stamp that number in the frame under the body so it could be seen from under the car but could not be removed very easy. That was just a couple of months ago.......

maybe get me one of these Ebay Vin Plate

Sence I have a Vin do I need to go to the DMV? Or just put my Vin on the frame and go?
I have my Vin, pink slip, plates, and tags for one year.

Oino, I would love to know how you got a VIN and got your T registered as a 23. I live in Los Angeles and the only way to get a spl. construction VIN was to be one of 500 people to get the permit at the very beginning of the year. First come, first served. 500 only.

John

I have some of those plates for sale if anyone needs one. mine are the ones on ebay that have the rivits and the holes punched . This is how i did mine

Oino, I would love to know how you got a VIN and got your T registered as a 23. I live in Los Angeles and the only way to get a spl. construction VIN was to be one of 500 people to get the permit at the very beginning of the year. First come, first served. 500 only.

John

I'll PM you my number.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back