Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Watch out, MARTHA STEWART!?

tfeverfred

Well, Baby Huey got me wantin' to drag my little backyard grill out to teach some meat a lesson. So, here are the pics.

First off, this was going to be a little snack for now and later on tonight, so I only did up a few. I like to toss on salad fixin's while I grill, so the veggies get the flavor of the smoke. YUMMIE! I line them up and place a few jalapeno wedges between them. I remove some of the seeds so it's not TOO hot, but it still has that KICK I love so much from a good pepper. I place thin lemon and lime slices on top of the sausages as well as to the side with my tomatoes. These will be used in a salad.

BBQ001.jpg

While that is cooking on a small open flame. I get inside and do my sauce. I use tomatoe sauce, molasses, lemon and lime juice and then.... now come on fellas, did ya REALLY think I was gonna give up the whole recipe!?:D There was a fella once tried to get my dads recipe... they never found the body.:eek:
BBQ002.jpg

While the sauce is settling, I get the wood chips out. I soak hickory chips over night and toss a few on the coals and shut the lid.
BBQ003.jpg

Ahhhh.... nothing gets the noses of the neighbors perkin' up like the smell of a good wood BBQ!
BBQ005.jpg

Here they are just about done! The sauce will top everything, then the lid will be buttoned on again. After that, EATIN' TIME!
BBQ007.jpg

Here's a shot my dog, Lucky. Best frisbee dog ever.
BBQ006.jpg

So, that's how Fred does a snack BBQ style! I know it's still early for some of you guys, but posts your recipes!

Video!:D

I watched the Video....I don't have sound, so If ya were talkin I missed it all..LOL.
Nothin better than BRAT's, cept Steak......maybe.
Nice that ya throw on a little "Salad" to have with the snack...better to offset the Cholesterol, keeps the arteries open and flowin smooth....
Hope ya had a good one Fred, best I can look foreward too tonght is Quizno's......"BH":razz:

:lol:The sound was just me taking in the wonderful day and weather we had here. I just felt a little "off T" talk was needed. Hope noboby minds.

I took my T out today on a few quick runs in front of where I work to see if the light stands would bounce around too much and I'm glad to report all is good.:D

Fred !! That isn't fair, it snowed a little here yesterday, but nice today. Got all the way up to 56, and going to be a warm 29 tonight. I have BBQ at -5 degrees:crap:, but took some of the fun out of it.

Duke said:
Fred !! That isn't fair, it snowed a little here yesterday, but nice today. Got all the way up to 56, and going to be a warm 29 tonight. I have BBQ at -5 degrees:crap:, but took some of the fun out of it.

:lol:Dude, I was stationed in Brooklyn, New York City for a few years. I had my mom ship me some charcoal and wood chips in December a couple of those years. The people in base housing thought I was crazy at first. Then they'd show up and want to toss a steak on!:D I GOTTA have my grill, man!

LumenAl said:
BH, I have a sound card... the video said your brat's wouldn't hold a candle to his specially prepared grilled one's.... I think we have a challenge!

:lol:

Better check that sound card! Troublemaker!:lol:

LumenAl said:
What! I didn't say anything about how you said he needed to loose them overalls and get some cool looking shorts that you were showing him!

I been thinkin it is close to spring and summer even around here....I have an extra pair of bibs, maybe I should cut off the legs and make em a summer uniform.
A guy can't be tooooooo comfortable in the summer ya know.... If I cut the legs off my Bibs, I could even use em for swimmin....."BH"

I like that idea better than thinking of you in shorts, the image just don't fix. You have to protect your image :lol:

Baby Huey said:
I been thinkin it is close to spring and summer even around here....I have an extra pair of bibs, maybe I should cut off the legs and make em a summer uniform.
A guy can't be tooooooo comfortable in the summer ya know.... If I cut the legs off my Bibs, I could even use em for swimmin....."BH"

LumenAl said:
Man oh Man... now that's a visual I wasn't ready for...

mysmilie_6001.gif
Is it safe to come out yet? :lol:

Duke said:
I like that idea better than thinking of you in shorts, the image just don't fix. You have to protect your image :lol:

Yur Right Duke, one should always uphold his or her image.....or iz that Profile ? "BH"

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back