Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Watts link

Coupefreak

OK, I'm trying to get my C-cab chassis in roller form. its an older TP frame, with the mounts for a watts link already attached.
my question is.......is there any pros or cons about running a watts link vs a panhard bar??

could I bribe or beg a couple pictures of a watts link installed??
I ordered a watts link from Speedway already, but its plenty long....so.......what do y'all run??

Vance

Wow, there's a thread about this somewhere on here.... I'll try and find it. Did you try our search feature?

Go to the SUSPENSION forum and you'll find what you need.

I did do a search.....didn't find what I was after :sad:
I just thought that maybe someone else here has a TP frame, with the watts link brackets, and just wanted a few opinions / pictures.....sorry...my bad:eek:

Vance

Coupefreak said:
I did do a search.....didn't find what I was after :sad:
I just thought that maybe someone else here has a TP frame, with the watts link brackets, and just wanted a few opinions / pictures.....sorry...my bad:eek:

Vance

No worries. Check out my build, I have a few pics of it. In the meantime, I'll see if I have some that I took and didn't download.

I could have swore that watts Linkage thread was over here. Sorry if I mislead.

Here's a good pic. It's also on page 1 of my project thread. 6th post.

23T_chrome_shocks0004-1.jpg

Here's the thing Vance. Your car is most likely going to have 5 to 6 inches of suspension travel. A sway or pan hard bar would do all you need it to do in a car as light as yours. The Watts link is, without a doubt, the best type of lateral contolling set up, but it works best on cars with more suspension travel. The biggest draw back to me is, like on a Total chassis, they end up inside the pickup box. Not a big deal to Total 'cause their top coilover mount is already in there too. I prefer to keep that stuff under the body so I can have more room for my gas tank.

Ron

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the info.:D
I'm still trying to decide:confused:

once again, Thanks:cool:

Vance

Hi Vance,
Youngster is right about totals mount taking up a lot of room. Here is another idea that might help with having it stick so high up in the bed.
watt1.jpg

watt3.jpg

watt2.jpg

Hi Al,
I did not make it. I just liked the idea and added it to my collection of pictures for the future. The bracket was homemade and the watt's linkage is from a Ford Falcon.

i thought the bars on a watts link were suppose to be parrallel with the ground when the vehicle is at ride height..

basicly same as a panhard bar being parallel..

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back