Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

what are you doing this weekend

Youngster

VIP
VIP Member
I'm building a frame for my new HF Enlish wheels and beefing up my HF bead roller.

Ron

Finish the bed cover for the yeloT and then get the car ready for the new top............

Take a nap once or twice.............?

Mike

working on the T

Not a dang thing.....too cold to work on the car. Too early to do more on the harnesses. Just waiting for the clock to run out before I take my wife to our favorite seafood restaurant.

Lee ... Gad to hear racing is still alive in KC.:sneaky:

Mike ... Just got up from my nap:sleep:

Orgo ... As long as you're moving forward:eek:

Gerry ... What cha doing to it?:coffee:

Bill ... Awe that so sweet! Giving up your day so you can treat the little Misses. :thumbsup:

Celebrating my birthday with my family.

Jim

Working on door hinges on the T, watching the drag races and going to a birthday party. Happy Birthday EX-JUNK.

My Son and I took our roadsters to a show in Naples Fl, about 30 miles from here. The name of the show was Ferraris on 5th Avenue, and I have never seen so many Ferraris at one time. There were also some muscle cars, hot rods, etc there, and it was so crowded with spectators you couldn't move without bumping someone. Naples has some SERIOUS money down there! :cool:

Good show and a good cause, so it was fun, and my Son is racking up more miles on his new motor, so that is good too.

Don

Got up at 5:30, 25 mph winds, 29* F and went rabbit hunting. Saw 3, missed one and got one. Glad to get home. At least I got my exercise.

Happy b'day Jim. May you have many, many more.

Ron

Pulled the oil pan off for the 4th time in what will more than likely be just another fruitless attempt to stop an oil leak where the timing cover meets the pan in the center. I am ready to just give up and let the F'ing POS leak. :mad:

New steel oil pan, new timing cover, Fel-Pro one piece blue gasket.

Sorry guys, this problem has me LIVID and i am sick of it. It is hell when i spend the many thousands of dollars i have and not to mention the labor on this car only to have a !@#$%^ oil leak drive me insane. I am just really tired of it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM

I'm learning about hanging suicide doors on a Model A - the hard way.

It was a little cooler today than usual (54), but I wore my SoCal swag and cruised around anyway. Only rain spoils my cruisin' time.

Zack, where the "channel" on the timing cover meets the cover.. inspect that joint carefully as they are usually just spot welded together & I have seen a gap, also , a little judicious use of RTV where the gskt , cover, pan, BOTH sides of gskt, can be your friend...

dave

IMG_0654.jpg

Sorry for no message above. Still trying to load pictures. Spent the day with 3 1/2 year old grandson, Garrett, He is a real gear head , loves drag racing, all cars and of course monster trucks. Makes for a fun day.

Getting the Northstar T ready for the Rod and Custom show in Medford Oregon next weekend. I'm not much of a "show" guy, but this one is definitely an exception for me. I love the way the show is run, it's indoors, and it's for a great cause as the money goes to the child development and rehab center of the Oregon health and science university. Now if we can just keep the rains at bay for the weekend, as even though it's an indoor event, you still have to get there and keep the cars presentable. the show generally draws over 8000 spectators over the two days, so it would be nice to see them happy also.

Russ

Zack, where the "channel" on the timing cover meets the cover.. inspect that joint carefully as they are usually just spot welded together & I have seen a gap, also , a little judicious use of RTV where the gskt , cover, pan, BOTH sides of gskt, can be your friend...

dave

Thanks Dave. Yes, i pulled it down today, cleaned the pan, gasket and block until you could eat off it. Them i laid a 1/4" bead of (black) Permatex along the pan valley and the same thing on the gasket valley. When i installed it, it squished out a nice glob. I let it sit for about 3 hours, poured the oil in, started it and let it run til it came up to temp. Pulled it back inside the shop and it is now sitting with no leaks. BUT, that doesn't mean anything. Last 3 times i went thru this process, it took 2 days for the leak to show.

Sorry youngster, not trying to hijack your thread. :whistling:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back