Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

what are you doing this weekend

IMG_0654.jpg

Great pic. I see this little standing there with possibly the thought in his mind of "Crap man, this is freaking awesome!" LOL, good stuff.

Make sure the pcv is in good working condition. Too much presure in the pan can blow out gaskets. Dwight

Starting on winter T projects, drilling a bunch of lightening holes, taking a list to a friend's machine shop for a day of work.

Happy birthday, Jim!

I'm (sad to say) spending the weekend trying to find a new job. It seems my current position is going away in a down-sizing. Anyone interested in a Total Performance kit? It's time for a personal down-sizing, as well. :(

Belated birthday wishes, Jim! I hope you had a great day and I wish you many happy returns.

And Zack, mind shaking a PCV valve is not a valid test. If the plunger in a PCV valve is broken into two pieces, it would make twice as much noise, but that certainly wouldn't make it twice as good. ;)

I'm (sad to say) spending the weekend trying to find a new job. It seems my current position is going away in a down-sizing. Anyone interested in a Total Performance kit? It's time for a personal down-sizing, as well. :(

Belated birthday wishes, Jim! I hope you had a great day and I wish you many happy returns.

And Zack, mind shaking a PCV valve is not a valid test. If the plunger in a PCV valve is broken into two pieces, it would make twice as much noise, but that certainly wouldn't make it twice as good. ;)

Mike,

Sorry to hear that you are on the way to unemployment. Seat belts fastened, prayers said.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Jim

Finishing up a new stand for my 4x6 bandsaw, to much wasted space with the old one, the new one will give me tons of storage for blades, accessories and metal.

7%20feb%202012%20002.JPG_595.jpg

Still trying to determine if I am going to paint it.

After that I need to make sure it was water in the gas freezing in my carb that caused the secondary float to stick and flood out the engine! Guess that happens when you drive your bucket in Feb :D

Tinkering with the motor, cleaning the garage so I can un-bury my transmission so I can rebuild it next weekend.

I'm painting my two Pinewood Derby cars (one for me, one for my honey) and tuning them up for the big race next Sunday...

http://www.cowtownt.com/meetingnews.html

Then I'm headed to World of Wheels!!
I used to build pinewood derby cars impregnate powder graphite into nails/axles with drill smooth mold seams on wheels tilt wheels so very little rides on track,also only run three wheels actually touching track one front up off track works best.
Good Luck

They've changed the molds on the wheels in recent years. They come out of the box pretty nice. Not perfect, but real nice.

The up coming speedster project will have the body pannels riveted together. As you know, the holes need to be bur-free so punching them is prefered to drilling. We're talking about in the neighborhood of 2 to 300 rivets. I made up this mount for my Whitney punch.

013.jpg

While sketching the body, it became apparent that the throat on the Whitney wasn't going to be deep enough for some of the rivet holes. So this is what I put together for the job. Always wanted something to punch up to a 1/2" hole any way.

014.jpg

It's all made from shop scraps .... so far.

Ron

Rod and Custom indoor car show in Medford Oregon. I borrowed my buddy Micks trailer and got loaded up Friday and transported the car. Driving the car the 35 miles of freeway in 40* weather just wasn't in me (getting old I guess). plus I'd spent a lot of time getting it cleaned up for the show, and there was a threat of rain. It was a great honor for me to be invited to this show, and I expect to have pics up later tonight after we pick the car up and get home around 7:00pm Sunday (PST).
401128752.jpg

Russ

Believe it or not but I went on a casting call for my T. I was asked to do it by a movie producing company. I don't know if anything will come of it but I'll keep you all informed if anything happens.

Jim

Worked on the 1926 Coupe most of the weekend except when I was napping...............

Mike

Spent today watching Lee and his lady friend battle it out with their pinewood derby cars( along with others).I was the official starter.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back