Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Whats My Bucket Worth?

BB72Camaro

Hey guys I just stumbled upon this site today.

I am trying to sell my current bucket because I would like to do a new build.

I am not having any luck so I thought I would ask you guys if I was asking too much for it. If I sold it for any cheaper I would be taking a big loss on the deal.

Check out the link and let me know what you think.

http://odessa.craigslist.org/cto/3125539892.html

Thanks in advance.

From my experience T-buckets are worth $8-14 k regardless how much money you have in them. You have a nice car and I can see where the money went but they just never seem to sell for the big money. I looked for years before I bought mine and from all the cars I looked at that is what I noticed. There were big money buckets for sale but I would see them for sale for months and months and would never sell or even get bids on places like fleabay.

IMO there is a couple reasons.
  • With the current economy and the way most hot rodders are they don't have large sums of money laying around to spend big money on a whole car. They can afford small amounts every few months and build their car over time. I don't know if people don't realize the savings in buying a complete used car but it is huge. I paid about %50 of what my car cost and it had 20 miles on it.
  • T-buckets are the "cheap" hot rod. $22k doesn't seem cheap to a lot of people but when you compare it to a 32 coupe or roadster then t-buckets are cheap hot rods. Starting in the mid $20's you can look at buying a pretty decent used 30's cars (and of course the sky is the limit) which has more room, maybe a roof if you like etc. I like my bucket a lot but I would rather have a 32 or 33 Ford. I just didn't want to spend that much at the time.
  • Of course there is always a chance you could find someone that realizes your car is a good deal but it might just take some time and you might have to advertise more nationally like ebay or CCTOl.
Good luck.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back