Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

wheel cylinder install

Johnny

I have the wheel cylinders, for my S-10 rear-end, that have a round clip to hold it in. Anyone else have that? If so, what is the easiest way to get those contrary clips to go on? My thumb is swelling up from hitting it a while ago.

HELP!!

If I remember right I used some channel locks. Got them started with my fingers, then the channel locks to work them on. You are right, they are a pain to put on. There probably is some hundred dollar tool to do it - that gets used once then lost or loaned out, never to return.

Thanks, Duke
I went back out there did some cussin and pushin, screamin, hammerin, more cussin, and finally got them on. Man! Why didn't they use bolts? Sure would have been easier for sure.

Thanks, Duke
I went back out there did some cussin and pushin, screamin, hammerin, more cussin, and finally got them on. Man! Why didn't they use bolts? Sure would have been easier for sure.

Here is a pic of that wonderful tool. We had one when I worked for Chevy dealer and one other person had one.
retainerremoverlisle18800.jpg

Cut a little wedge from wood and use it between the wheel cyl and the axle to hold the wheel cyl in place. Install one side of the clip and use a punch and a hammer to install the other side. Should go in in about a minutes time.

Cut a little wedge from wood and use it between the wheel cyl and the axle to hold the wheel cyl in place. Install one side of the clip and use a punch and a hammer to install the other side. Should go in in about a minutes time.

Well, that's pretty much what I did. After I figured it out on one side, DUH! The other side went in easily. My thumb still hurts, though.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back