Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

white wall replacements

fordsbyjay

I am looking for a radial equivalent to my bias ply white walls and need a little bit of help.

On the front I have 5.00-15 BFG Silvertowns and L78-15 Coker classics on the rear. The rear tire I don't think is a problem but I can't seem to find an metric equivalent to the 5.00-15. It is only 24.25 tall and I really don't want to go to a taller tire like a 165. I have searched the www and have not found anything but that doesn't mean it isn't out there. I figure I will end up calling around but I thought I would ask here as well. I should mention I do want to stay with a whitewall tire.

I am looking for a radial equivalent to my bias ply white walls and need a little bit of help.

On the front I have 5.00-15 BFG Silvertowns and L78-15 Coker classics on the rear. The rear tire I don't think is a problem but I can't seem to find an metric equivalent to the 5.00-15. It is only 24.25 tall and I really don't want to go to a taller tire like a 165. I have searched the www and have not found anything but that doesn't mean it isn't out there. I figure I will end up calling around but I thought I would ask here as well. I should mention I do want to stay with a whitewall tire.

The closest I could find would be 185/65/15 bfg link Tread is only 5 1/2 inches wide

I managed to find some from dbtires.com. You can download their catalog here and they are on page 16 titles "short narrow tires".

i got my whitewalls from the White Wall Candy Store and they sent them on to the shipper to send them down to me in New Zealand. I found WWCS great to deal with. They have 145R15s which are 24 tall and they sell for US$178 each.

Their website is www.whitewallcandystore.com

Cheers
Todd

i got my whitewalls from the White Wall Candy Store and they sent them on to the shipper to send them down to me in New Zealand. I found WWCS great to deal with. They have 145R15s which are 24 tall and they sell for US$178 each.

Their website is www.whitewallcandystore.com

Cheers
Todd

Looked at the gallery on the site ptcruiser with wide whites or Scion xb these look dumb with whitewalls. Is it just my opinion. Nice site though.

Looked at the gallery on the site ptcruiser with wide whites or Scion xb these look dumb with whitewalls. Is it just my opinion. Nice site though.

Its hard not to be 100% in agreement with that comment. But then Im not a fan of wide whites on anything after about 1959

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back