Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Why I like EFI...

Track-T

No, It's not because it's good on a hot rod...
It's because the care makers made all the neat stuff we can use
on our cars.
I picked up an old EFI fuel log where the injectors mount and
got about 7' of ss tubing and 5' of ss braided hose to use as vent hoses.
PICT0134.jpg

Yup, like Mike said and be careful handling these hoses as one little broken wire can score you a nasty cut.
For braided SS hoses I use insulated Adel clamps, they have a stainless mesh around them to minimize chaffing and heat transfer.

I love EFI. I think it and safety features are the best thing the auto industry has come up with in fifity years.

I can recall driving my '69 Nova (wish I still had it) to the top of Pikes Peak in 69 or 70 and how everyone had trouble starting their cars at that altitude.
Now that we're above eight thousand feet here, I'm more appreciative of EFI. I'm not sure carbs work well at altitude unless they're rejetted and with a different power valve.
While I've never checked gas mileage on any car, I know EFI is better. I'll tell you what sucks gas are my studded snow tires. I can feel it on acceleration and frequency of pit stops.

Well you know me..... American Motors had a car named after me.... the Rambler.

I buy gas with Techron, but it's quite a lot of money now. It's supposed to clean the engines. I think it's because it has Techr in it. Anyway, it gives me fast starts, which helps me save gas.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back