Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Will I fit?

Johnny

I;m very interested in the Spirit body. I'm 6ft and 260lbs. Will I be comfortable in the Spirit '23 T ??:confused::confused:

Johnny said:
I;m very interested in the Spirit body. I'm 6ft and 260lbs. Will I be comfortable in the Spirit '23 T ??:confused::confused:

Probably not comfortable, but you'll fit. A '27 is little longer and provides a little more leg room. My Dad is over 6' and he went with a CCR extended body and he's still a litte cramped.

Johnny

Maybe you can help me. Pauls welding in Hurst TX sent me some parts to work on. He has not given me any contact info. By chance do you know this fellow Paul? Or know how to get in touch with him? I understand he does louvers.

Paul Neece
Hot Rod Louvers by Paul's Welding and Fabrication

paul%27s.jpg
124 Harmon Rd.
Hurst,Texas 76053
Tel: (817) 528-4319
Fax: (817) 282-8553
Specialties: Louvers and custom fabrication

Ron try this is this who you are looking for.

Here is where i found him.
http://metalshapers.org/pros/

RPM said:
Johnny

Maybe you can help me. Pauls welding in Hurst TX sent me some parts to work on. He has not given me any contact info. By chance do you know this fellow Paul? Or know how to get in touch with him? I understand he does louvers.

Here Ron, I don't live in Texas, but maybe this will help:

Paul Neece
124 Harmon Road
Hurst, Tx. 76053

817-528-4319.......phone
817-282-8553.......fax

Pauls Welding and Fabricating.

Don

Francis Blake said:
I am building a tbucket using a 27 spirit and I am a little heiver than you but I have room to be comfortable, :laff:

Yeah, I'm thinking maybe the '27 would be better for comfort. Are you 6ft or taller? I just don't want to be cramped. Does it have fairly good leg room?

These cars are never going to have the interior space we enjoyed in our old '57 Chevy. I have built a bucket with a standard unstreched or widened body for a 6'+ guy that was 275#. He has driven that thing over 50,000, miles in the last 6 years. In a recent post Ted stated that the steering column and wheel placement is important from the comfort point of view. He is absolutely correct. When you design your interior and the placement of everything in there keep in mind you need as much space as you can get. If you are building a kit car you have whatthey felt was a good compromise. It was built to fit the average 5'10" 175# driver, still not sure where they got that figure. If your building your car from scratch, you have much more latatude. Best thing to do when designing your interior is to sit in a finished car and note what works and what needs to be changed. Plan ahea
d

Ron

Johnny I am just a bit short of 6ft but when I put a seat in my 27 I have plenty leg room, my oldest son is6ft 2inches any taller would start getting cramped up a little. when you put in your wheel and column adjust it to fit yourself and I think you will be allright.

thanks for the info. I believe I'm going to go the '27 route. Now, I've got to do more homework and start getting things together. I'll probably stick with the Spirit stuff, and add some of my own personal touches.

Hello, I have a Spirit 23 T Bucket and I am 5'10" @ 300 lbs and I fit all right, I did have to radically change steering column location and brake pedal distance from their standard set up, also raised the shifter off of the floor, uncomfortable against my leg while trying to drive, Will post pictures soon after remodel is finished. It has their insert also, would probably have more room without it. It would be more comfortable with about 6-10" of stretch, and even more important than length it would greatly help if 6-12" wider, I could live with length if I had to, width would make a world of difference. Have you looked at the build RPM is doing currently? He is a fair sized guy and the body he is using from Herman's Fast Glass is huge compared to mine, he can't even reach the firewall sitting in it! If it had another 6-10" down the center it would be a great fit for me! RPM can also build you a frame to fit whatever length and width you would need and his prices are great, had had him build several custom pieces for me and his fabrication and welding are top notch. If I build another one from scratch this is the route I will go. Good luck and look forward to seeing your build pics, Eddie :cool:
P.S. A 27 has more room, but very little, had tried those too, would have to modify to be comfortable in it too, but it isn't a T Bucket, kind of apples and oranges to me, still like a 23 better myself, just food for thought.

This is a picture of my friend Larry, a former professional wrestler. Althought he's a little shy of 6', he's a big fella.

237645741_a466328901.jpg

Here he is next to me, I'd say he''s probably 5'10" or so, I'm an RCH over 6', and leaned over.

237647100_4c370c6b11.jpg

The yellow bucket in this picture was Larry's, he sold it to build a Model A coupe.

237642775_9e74328878.jpg

Here we are talking out of chopping and slamming the Model A.

237645731_f6843e9d39.jpg

Larry's a big fella and he drove that bucket for years.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back