Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Will it ever end???

Tbucit

I got the brakes replaced and thought I would give it a test try. About the time I hit the gas I heard this sound then the driveshaft hit the road. Time for a new driveshaft.

Randall

003.jpg

004.jpg

Holy Cow! That's amazing. It's a good thing you didn't get hurt. I'm trying to understand how that can happen?

My understanding is it doesn't matter how much horsepower you have in a T-Bucket, you still can't make it hook up.

I hope the rest of the car around the drive shaft is fine.

David

RexRod said:
Holy Cow! That's amazing. It's a good thing you didn't get hurt. I'm trying to understand how that can happen?

My understanding is it doesn't matter how much horsepower you have in a T-Bucket, you still can't make it hook up.

I hope the rest of the car around the drive shaft is fine.

David

Say what. Looks like Andy can really hook one up.
intheair1.jpg

:eek: Glad ya wasn't hurt. Hows the rest of the car?

Cool pic Andy.:cool:

Well, "my bad" then, as the younglings would say. ;)

Glad to hear the underside isn't too banged up.

And Ron, man that guys frame is really taking a beating! Oh, that reminds me, I need to post up some useful math I found for the group. I'll see if i can get it up later this morning.

Take care,

David

Are you guys not required to have a driveshaft loop fitted to get rego? We have to down here, so we dont spit driveshafts into the road - we bust other stuff instead!

That bucket launch is incredible. I wish my bucket could launch like that.

Saw the pikky on the HAMB last week & it immediately became the current screensaver.

Did an original Model T have a driveshaft hoop? If not, it's not required on a T bucket.

Yes, we've heard about the registration rules down there in the antipodes. You guys need to declare your independence and get some freedom back!

Just for curiosity, what broke? The drive shaft, or the u-joint?

TubT said:
Did an original Model T have a driveshaft hoop? If not, it's not required on a T bucket.

No, It was an enclosed driveshaft. (tourqe tube)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back