Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Windshield frame ???

Neal

I would like your expertise on a windshield frame.I am trying to decide on a full frame and a frame with the glass exposed on top.I know a lot of guys on here have the exposed top which I like better.I am also thinking of the safety aspect.Thanks.

My windshield has an exposed top and I used the modified '27 style posts from Total Performance and laid them back 20 degrees from vertical. I have driven my car over 9K miles (some at a great deal more than the "suggested" limit) with no problems. Perhaps my laying it back has helped rather than having it completely vertical.

Jim

IMG_2720.jpg

Mine is also an exposed top or half windshield with straight posts. I have no problems with mine, but considering using some layback posts for a different look.

Al, check your e-mail. I am sending you the info on the FTF badge. And thank you for the nice compliment on my car.

QUESTION: Does an open top prevent you from having a top?

I think it depends if you have a header that fits properly to the top of the windshield and frame.It seems like the sides is where most of the support is on the windshield frame..But then again I could be wrong.

Ok you got me, what is FTF ??? I know i am gona feel Stupid when u tell me.

It is an east coast Florida thing that in "polite" company stands for Forget The Fenders. You can get the meaning in not so polite company.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back