Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Windshield Ideas

bobs66440

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I'm really kind of at a loss where to begin creating a windshield. I saw somewhere that CCR had the material to build a frame, but I don't see it on their site now. I'm going to make it 13" tall, so it will have to be custom. I really don't want to spend a fortune on this. I can get the glass cut locally, so that's not a problem. Can you guys give me some some ideas and photos for a frame I can build using the brackets I have? Thanks!

Give CCR a call. I bought the windshield frame material from CCR and made my own frame. Cut the miters on a mitersaw using wood blade and drilled and tapped corners for countersunk allen screws. The windshield is 15 inch tall with no top bar ,held in with sealer from the winshield shop. The top of glass is polished. on the upright posts I installed Speedway Model T S.S. caps to finish off the end of the aluminum post. Buy enough extra material to get a idea of making the miters. I have not got the picture thing figured out otherwise would post pics.

Windshield setting tape, in the channel, some silicone spray and a big rubber hammer, a few luv taps and she slides in. If no silicone spray is avail, dish soap and a touch of water. When it dries, its in there for the duration.

Now Ford has this Black Silicone for the motors and windshields, this stuff is major league stuff, put that into the channel, it'll never ever come out. Use it between rounds on the motors, never leaks. Its hell getting things apart sometimes....

Thanks for the tips! I contacted CCR and I think I'm going to order the materials through them and fab it up myself.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back