Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

windshield kit ?????

TexasT said:
Sorry Rick didnt mean to sound like. I didnt say they never made them, they are no longer going to have them...
No problem did you ask about the Angled Posts?Those will be the hardest to find.

Get the posts from Total if they have them then call Mr.Roadster for the frame.
Mr. Roadster is the nation's largest builder and supplier of superior windshield frames! We offer beautiful reproductions for many applications.
Using only the finest quality and craftsmanship available, Mr. Roadster will build a custom windshield frame for most automobiles, large or small. Mr. Roadster's Custom Frames have been supplied for restoration jobs on all types of classic cars. Mr. Roadster expertise is known internationally by authentic restoration enthusiasts and street rod builders alike.
For more information, call 1.800.979.0122 and ask for the Mr. Roadster Windshield Department.

I read somewhere that speedway bought them too. I called speedway and they only offer the straight posts and they only have the 20" tall frame, kinda like a tradional windshield but its one piece

TexasT said:
I read somewhere that speedway bought them too. I called speedway and they only offer the straight posts and they only have the 20" tall frame, kinda like a tradional windshield but its one piece
But read my last post call Mr.Roadster they can build you anything you want.

Tbucit said:
I too am looking for a windshield frame, after reading this and going to the different web sites am I wrong or are the prices for these frames 3 to 4 hundred bucks? I may be looking at the kits which I don't need. Can anyone set me straight? If this is right then can there be any such thing as a low budget T?

Randall
If you can find one(The Performer)a 39" plane frame with no glass is $160.00 A1952.Chrome is$270.00 A1952C.

at one time you could buy the tubing/channel and build your own from total. if we could find their source...the frame is easy enough to build. this is one i did for my '27. about 40 bucks in it, much less that the $140 from mr.roadster.

27rat003Small.jpg

another possibility is a stock frame. have used them on speedway and mas bodies.

Ron

Youngster said:
at one time you could buy the tubing/channel and build your own from total. if we could find their source...the frame is easy enough to build.

another possibility is a stock frame. have used them on speedway and mas bodies.

Ron
I called brian and left a message for him to call me about that very topic.He told me once that he could sell by the foot.He also said the stock comes from New York and its from the original supply company to Henry ford and the Stock model T'sI'll let you know what i find out about that and the angled posts also.Stay Tuned.

the angled posts can be made from a set of stocker too. those can be found for 20 to 50 a pr.

Ron

Appreciate all the info guys. I called Mr.Roadster(Speedway) and he said all they have is the windshields in their catalog

TexasT said:
Appreciate all the info guys. I called Mr.Roadster(Speedway) and he said all they have is the windshields in their catalog
I gave the guy the part number for the 39 5/8 and he said they had one in stock.

I sent this e-mail to Brian:
Hey Brian how ya doing?I
was just thinking as were some other people They are trying to find
Totals
Angled Posts and Mickey said they will be no more.Speed way said no
also the 39"
windshield is toast.So my question is.Can you give me the name and
Number of the
windshield stock manufacturer in New York i think you said at one
time.Also are
there any other people who might have your angled and straight posts
for
sale ? Or a 39"windshield ?Could you please call me on
this?1-313-406-6804.
Thanks for any help
Brian.
And this was his reply:
Rick, I think I might be able to do one better on this problem... GIve
me a day or two to make some contacts first... I'm assuming this is
also the reason for the voice mail?

Brian

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back