Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wisconsin weather

rubicon

Started last night and was still snowing this morning. I final went out at 11:00 am to blow what had already fallen. about 8 inches in my driveway. Just think, I was out in February driving m T around in less than two weeks I'm blowing snow. Where is that 60 degree spring weather?

Here in eastern Iowa we had nearly 8" of snow last night in about 5 hours, it was hammering down snow!! Ended up with 10" over night, more snow than we've had all winter.

I hear ya, here in Ohio, it's supposed to hit around 4pm. It's been a mild winter, but my sons birthday is on march 12, and he was born in a blizzard, six weeks early as a result of the extreme barometric change, actually, the hospital was full, women in labor in the hallways, etc, because all of the rooms were full, we got there in time for a room, thank God! Funny story, my best friend and I had rebuilt a engine for his truck. We had planned on him coming to my shop after work on that Friday, march 11, and ordering pizza, beer, and swapping the engine. Well, my wife went into labor and I had no way to reach him. He went ahead and followed our plans, expecting me to show up, and was stranded in my shop all night during the blizzard because he drove the truck and started tearing it down. My dog kept him company... sorry for the story, memories! I have sort of been expecting a bit of belated bad weather this year. I've seen a foot of snow in the middle of April.

We got the tail end of that system here in St Louis this AM. Couple inches, and it's already melting - 34 degrees.
You guys back East may want one of these:

snowmonster42.jpg

Here in Mooresville, NC, we had 3" of the white stuff. Back in February, we had an 80* Saturday.

I hear ya, here in Ohio, it's supposed to hit around 4pm. It's been a mild winter, but my sons birthday is on march 12, and he was born in a blizzard, six weeks early as a result of the extreme barometric change, actually, the hospital was full, women in labor in the hallways, etc, because all of the rooms were full, we got there in time for a room, thank God! Funny story, my best friend and I had rebuilt a engine for his truck. We had planned on him coming to my shop after work on that Friday, march 11, and ordering pizza, beer, and swapping the engine. Well, my wife went into labor and I had no way to reach him. He went ahead and followed our plans, expecting me to show up, and was stranded in my shop all night during the blizzard because he drove the truck and started tearing it down. My dog kept him company... sorry for the story, memories! I have sort of been expecting a bit of belated bad weather this year. I've seen a foot of snow in the middle of April.
Love stories like this.

Got dumped on again today, lake effect. Looks like 17 to 20 inches when it is all done. This us what I wanted to see in December not March. Oh well, it could be worse, 20 to 30 inches. lol

:D Sorry guys. It's been so warm here in the Bay Area that I've been chasing down A/C problems this week at work. :D

:roflmao::roflmao::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:Cruising the T yesterday..............:cool::cool:

I can't stand it. I like it on the cooler side. Hot temperatures zap all my enthusiasm.

Plus, I can't hide my gut underneath a sweatshirt.

Years ago, I worked commercial maintenance, and we were always out in the worst conditions, when it was hot, on the roof charging a/c, when it was cold, clearing lots, sidewalks, or on the roof working on furnaces... I liked the work, learned a lot, but do not miss it one bit, lol... of course, now I own property and do most of my own maintenance, on a much smaller scale. No answer to the gut issue... I keep thinking about and looking at our tread mill, no results, lol.

80 degrees is perfect and that is what I had to put up with here yesterday and no I did not run over any sagebrush..........But I did run over some pavement........LOL.....LOL......The weather is only gona be 85 degrees today so I will take another ride for all you guys up there in the Midwest/Northeast..........I feel your pain cause I hate that White Crap..........

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back