Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Would like to fit the body over the frame... Any tips?

Lucas1923t

Hi Everyone, I'm starting to work on the T again and would like to set the body over the frame so it has a lower apperance. I would like to drop it about 3 inches. Any tips on what the best way to do this is? I've posted a few pics of the body. It is an older one. Not sure who made it.... Thanks for your help!!:lol:

shouldn't be a problem. cut the body for the 3"drop at the fire wall and at the rear, trim out the floor that's there now. trim the wood on the sides of the body. cut a new floor from plywood and glass it into place.use your frame as a buck to hold the new floor at the 3".

Ron

Yep, just set the body in place, sight down on it and remove everything that is keeping it from dropping over the frame 3 inches. You can do the bellhousing cutout later, when you determine where the motor will sit.

Don

tfloorfiberglassing003.jpg

One more thing is to block the frame up in 4 spots.I used milk crates with 2- 6ft 2/4's so the frame sat on the 2/4's that way the body is channeled over the frame evenly.

I would like to do the same with mine but I'm afraid that the tub won't be deep enough if I do that. How tall is the side of your buckets from the floor to the side edge?

raidmagic said:
I would like to do the same with mine but I'm afraid that the tub won't be deep enough if I do that. How tall is the side of your buckets from the floor to the side edge?
Cant go by mine cause mine is a custom body.

Floor to top of the side is 20.5 inches. I think I still have enough room to do this. Looks like it will come right up to the bottom of the door just like Don's. Do you guys use wood for the floor of your cars? Thanks for all the input guys...;)

Lucas1923t said:
Floor to top of the side is 20.5 inches. I think I still have enough room to do this. Looks like it will come right up to the bottom of the door just like Don's. Do you guys use wood for the floor of your cars? Thanks for all the input guys...;)
The best to use would be 3/4" Marine Grade Plywood.Pricey but it helps with the moisture problem of road water.

you can also use cdx plywood. just coat it with resin to seal it up. the marine plywood is the best but as rick said pricy.
the side of your body with a 3"channel and 3/4" plywood floor should be around 19.5" or 20" dependeing on the body.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back