Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

WOW talk about inflation

RPM

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Sponsor
I went to a hobby shop yesterday, looking for something for the Grandsons birthday. The old AMT model kits we paid $1.50 for are now $25.00. WOW talk about inflation. About 17 times what we used to pay as a kid, of course that was 50 some years ago. By comparison a gallon of gas was about 30 cents back then an now $3.00 a gallon, only 10 times what it used to be.

So we will not be building model cars.

So he got a Super Mario slot car set instead. He will have much more fun with it for quite awhile.

I was surprised also at the Hobby Shop prices. I can't afford to even build a model anymore. Not on S.S pay.

I went to a hobby shop yesterday, looking for something for the Grandsons birthday. The old AMT model kits we paid $1.50 for are now $25.00. WOW talk about inflation. About 17 times what we used to pay as a kid, of course that was 50 some years ago. By comparison a gallon of gas was about 30 cents back then an now $3.00 a gallon, only 10 times what it used to be.

So he got a Super Mario slot car set instead. He will have much more fun with it for quite awhile.
What kind of amt models are you looking for I have several that are still not even opened yet. sprint cars and stock cars

Mike J

Where did you live that gas was so high? We were getting it for .17/9 when there was a gas war. Pack of cigs was .32 Glad I quit smoking.

I came across this a couple of years ago around Christmas. The local store put out a nice display and I too couldn't get over the price. I think this may be the reason someone thought defibulators were a good idea to have in stores.

Here is what I have. Comments? Should this be in classifieds?2.jpg1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Since we are on the topic of model cars... Does anyone know where you can buy the die cast cars that are made by MATCO? I have stopped several of the truck drivers and they do not have any listing for them. Also, their website is no help.

Mark

Since we are on the topic of model cars... Does anyone know where you can buy the die cast cars that are made by MATCO? I have stopped several of the truck drivers and they do not have any listing for them. Also, their website is no help.

Mark

Try Ebay?

Jimbo,

I have bought dozens from eBay, I was just trying to go to the source, to save some$$$$.

Mark

Thanks! Have you bought from these guys before?

Mark

Mark,
Never bought anything from them. I just noticed at the bottom of the page that this company is for dealers or hobby shops. Might be a start in the right direction though? Good luck.

I recently bought a Ford van model. $20 bucks at a swap meet no less. There was a couple big trucks I wanted as well (my dad was a truck driver) but couldn't see spending $100 there.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back