Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Yea baby, Noob from Central Florida...let the madness begin!

unclenick2004

Well, after years of having numerous classic Porsche's and SBC Chevrolet cars, I finally took the plunge on a 23T yesterday. :lol:

I have wanted one of these since I was a little.

Bought it from a guy in Jacksonville and trailered it home yesterday. My kids are estatic and think it is so cool. My wife says it is my mistress as I spent most of the night in the garage figuring out that I exactly have here.

We are going to strip it down and re-paint, re-fresh motor and re- the interior.

Can you guys help me out here and figure out exactly what kit this bucket is?

Thanks in advance, Nick :)

The engine numbers are from a 71 Corvette, turbo 350 trans with a Jaguar rear diff/brake set up.

Here are some pics:

T-Bucket001.jpg

T-Bucket002.jpg

From the angle of the steering column and the friction shocks i'd say it's a Total car.I could be wrong.
BYE THE WAY...NICE CAR

Before you tear it apart, why not get it driveable (brakes, tune-up, check it over real good) then drive it this summer and change it when it's cold outside or at least as cold as it gets in Florida, then change the things you don't like? You will be suprised how little motor it takes to make these scarry fast.

old round fart said:
Before you tear it apart, why not get it driveable (brakes, tune-up, check it over real good) then drive it this summer and change it when it's cold outside or at least as cold as it gets in Florida, then change the things you don't like? You will be suprised how little motor it takes to make these scarry fast.

Yep rodding season is just getting started. :) That way you can figure out what you want to change and what will stay the same. Its cheaper that way. :lol: IMHO Great looking ride though, how old is it?

Oh it looks kinda like a Total car to me too.

Welcome to the forum and to T Bucketing. :) I agree with Rick, looks like an older TP car to me by the perch and some other stuff. I also agree that you should put some miles on it first and then you will know exactly what needs changed if anything. That is, of course, assuming it is now roadworthy and safe.

Don

Thanks guys! It does run and drive and stop fine...MAN does it run...LOL

I'm going to take it for a run as we speak, be back in 2 hrs :)

Welcome, Nick! Man, I'm like the other gys, unless it's not road worthy, I'd drive the heck out of it this spring/summer. Check out a few rod runs and the internet and get ideas what things to do to make it your own this winter.

Looks like a real nice Bucket!

Welcome to the site. You found a great lookin' T. I can see you like it by the smile on your face! Drive and have fun with it. We'll be here if you need to bounce some ideas of of someone.

Ron

Ya know? The more I look at that T, the more it looks like one that a member of the NTBA used to own. Those scallops look familiar. Anybody think the same thing?

I'm back.....Man had to check my shorts when I got home. :eek: :)

Here are some pics of our family at work before the ride. The girls love the bucket!

tiabucket014.jpg

tiabucket009.jpg

girls014.jpg

girls021.jpg

tiabucket006.jpg

What size tires are in front?Show some pics of the interior if ya would.

ok, first needed is replace front wheels....The left front is bent.

e-brake does not work but the wilwoods on the front and jag rears stop great.

has a few oil leaks around tunnel ram/intake...

has some kind of stall converter around 2500-2800 this beast comes alive..

all lights work, steering is a bit sloppy but driveable safely....

My wife and I were thinking of painting it the color of our old 2004 Honda Goldwing(illusion blue) with silver ghost flames, tweed out the interior in purple with silver ghost flames and reseal the motor and add a blower...yes he said blower....Thank God my wife is a gearhead too. ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome here, it is cool, very cool.

I'm interested in the front wheels.With the 2500,2800 stall you sould launch pretty good.Makes yer shorts feel funny don't it?

unclenick2004 said:
... first needed is replace front wheels....The left front is bent...

I had nothing but problems with those hallcraft front rims... I just sold 4 of them to a local guy for $100 (yea I know... could have got a lot more $$$ on eBay, but he was a young guy rebuilding a budget project T on VERY limited resources... he was ecstatic...)

If you want to stay with wires, Dayton makes a much stronger wire wheel, made for Total Performance... Stainless steel spokes - TWICE the strength of chrome plated steel and will not rust! Four layer nickel chrome plating - tubeless - spokes will NEVER need re-truing or re-tightening.

0702904.jpg

I'd just drive it till winter then do what you want... you may change your mind several times as to what need to be done once you get to know the car a little better...

oh yea... to polish that radiator to new... I use Hot Flash products:

http://hotflashcarcare.com/index.php

Specifically, to clean I use the metal cleaner, then I finish with the Billet Polish... best stuff I've ever used... I did my Polished Aluminium wheels with it and everyone thought they were chrome! Hint... when using the Billet Polish, use fleece ONLY... it's like magic man!

HazeToMaze.jpg
BilletPlus.jpg

Enjoy your new ride!

:lol:

Al

Noob from Central Florida...let the madness begin!

Welcome from central florida.....OK,Where you at?
I'm in O-town by the airport.

Welcome! Nice bucket...nothing says fast like wheelie bars and a parachute!!!!!!!

jrn said:
Welcome! Nice bucket...nothing says fast like wheelie bars and a parachute!!!!!!!

Thanks :lol: It looks better in pics than in real life but for now it will do.

I am in Lake Mary off Rinehart RD and Lake Mary Blvd.

Cool it runs and drives. Cute pit crew you got there too. Have fun with your bucket. :lol:

Believe it or not, your excitement can be felt through the writing on the computer...:rulz: I enjoyed just reading the thread.....:welcome:

Have fun with the new toy and most of all keep them little pit crew members busy with it so we have some Bucketeers of the future....:razz::razz::razz:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back