Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Yellow BUTT (not bum)

Gerry

Its been hot here. Like 100 degrees in the yard today so working is a sweaty thing to do. Never mind paint dries in record time and can be sprayed so thick without running its worth the effort.
New pics of my BUTT in yellow. I am staring to think that this color is just to much and the first choice of Candy red may be the way to go. I will wait until after our nationals. Its going up on an A frame)

yel butt1.JPGyel butt2.JPGyel butt3.JPG
yel butt4.JPGyel butt5.JPG

Any comment welcome as usual
Gerry

My personal opinion is the yellow helps show off your excellent workmanship.

My personal opinion is the yellow helps show off your excellent workmanship.

Hey Putz.
How are you. Is it HOT here cause the only way i can keep cool is by a BEER drip. Darn that a real problem anit it!
Thanks for your comment. At the moment I am torn between yellow and Candy red. I will see what it look like with the Bucket on and ask the guys here to give me their opinion, which I VALUE.
gerry

Hey Putz.
How are you. Is it HOT here cause the only way i can keep cool is by a BEER drip. Darn that a real problem anit it!
Thanks for your comment. At the moment I am torn between yellow and Candy red. I will see what it look like with the Bucket on and ask the guys here to give me their opinion, which I VALUE.
gerry

Only 77 here right now may hit 82.( Ain't )you sound like you are from the midwest.Only need air maybe 1 week a year so don't have any.
My home weather

I do love yellow, but I have to say it's the absolute hardest color to make "work" on any car. it's really important to have just the right contrasting colors (and not too much of it) in just the right places, along with the yellow, or the yellow takes away from the detail of the car. The obvious choice for a contrasting color would be black, but others might work also. most chrome just gets washed out against yellow. when yellow is done well it's awsome, but it's tough to do well IMHO.
I'd say "nice butt", but that just wouldn't be right. :rolleyes: so I'll say "nice rear end" :rofl: .

Russ

100 degrees? Wow, its only about 50 down here. Heaters on flat out today.

That yellow looks like road marker paint to me. So put me down as a "NO"

I think you should stick to the original plan of candy red, as it will look magic and will highlight the great work you have done on your bucket

Usually I would say its your car, do whatever turns you on, but your car deserves better than yellow.

looking great Jerry are you going to drag it to the super Nats next mouth so we can have a look

Thats the plan. Get it all tight and ready to A Frame to Biggleswade. See you there.
G

Gerry, does the yellow paint that you applied to your T frame have a matt finish? The pictures are flat (or appear that way) and there isn't any "sparkle". Also, IMHO, gloss black details with polished aluminum/chrome (no spray on "almost chrome") would be the best way to go. My $0.02 on the matter.

John

P.S. I know you will do this frame thing "tastefully" any way you go.

Gerry, does the yellow paint that you applied to your T frame have a matt finish? The pictures are flat (or appear that way) and there isn't any "sparkle". Also, IMHO, gloss black details with polished aluminum/chrome (no spray on "almost chrome") would be the best way to go. My $0.02 on the matter.

John

P.S. I know you will do this frame thing "tastefully" any way you go.

The yellow paint is just an exercise in color. It is NOT the final paint. Yep there is some places that are matt in appearence, and the shine is not too good. I sprayed it in cellulose, outside in the yard so its not the ideal. After the car has run for a few hundred miles and everything is OK it will be torn down, grit blasted and final paint applied. What color is yet to be decided. Black is a good color but IMO the car is not big enough to carry it. I have been down the road of color with my first T. It had 5 colors on it and I found that only certain colors work on such a minimal car.
Gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back