Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Yella phase finally finished

Gerry

Last pics of the yellow color trial.
All put back together and probably will run it on the road for its first 100 or so miles like this. Just got to plumb it, brake it, finish it and legalize it
Hope you enjoyed the yella phase, I did.
Still think its got to be Candy red.
last yel1.JPGlast yel2.JPGlast yel3.JPG
last yel4.JPGlast yel5.JPGlast yel6.JPG

And yes that is me sitting there

Gerry

Gerry,
It looks great!! I really like the third pic, it looks low and mean. Thanks for all your pic's thru the build, I've enjoyed watching.

Looks great Gerry. I'll bet you'll get a lot of weird looks going down the road with that thought bubble over your head. :)

Russ

That pic from the front looks really cool looks like Two eyes and the springs are the smile.

That pic from the front looks really cool looks like Two eyes and the springs are the smile.

I like pic 2, just imagine it with a LST top on it. Its going to look wild.

I love the exhaust and windshield. That's my absolute favorite exhaust set-up. I wish it was sold commercially . . . although at my age with that exhaust I probably couldn't stretch enough to get in the bucket. I smile every time I see the pictures. Cool ride.

I love the straight on front end shot. Looks like it's gonna eat ya if you don't get out of the way. I can't wait to see pics of the completed car.

Very cool Gerry :)

Love it... Looks cool, Gerry!

But that wouldn't have a chance here... :(
No doors.
No quiet exhaust.
Hot, exposed exhaust.
No fender.
No wipers.
Front suspension wouldn't pass.
And that's just to start.

I'm envious. You folks that can still build stuff like that need to be thankful (NOT to say that you aren't thankful....)

That one shot of the car with the crash test dummy, everything looks nice and roomy, how far up and out will the seating position be with the upholstery? Will there still be lots of room under the steering wheel?

John

P.S. Aren't they supposed to be dressed in DayGlo Orange jump suits? :D

P.P.S. Looks good, candy apple red would give it a whole different look. Moon tank over the rear end?

Love it... Looks cool, Gerry!

But that wouldn't have a chance here... :(
No doors.
No quiet exhaust.
Hot, exposed exhaust.
No fender.
No wipers.
Front suspension wouldn't pass.
And that's just to start.

I'm envious. You folks that can still build stuff like that need to be thankful (NOT to say that you aren't thankful....)

In reality we have the same problems here, Its going to be a fight

That one shot of the car with the crash test dummy, everything looks nice and roomy, how far up and out will the seating position be with the upholstery? Will there still be lots of room under the steering wheel?

John

P.S. Aren't they supposed to be dressed in DayGlo Orange jump suits? :D

P.P.S. Looks good, candy apple red would give it a whole different look. Moon tank over the rear end?

When I made the steering I spent a long time with cushions under my butt to get the height right for the threads I am thinking about so room should not be a problem

I have something special in mind for the tank. Now its a case of making it.
Gerry

PS My jump suit is at the cleaners from the last time

Gerry,

Great car! Well done!

Thanks for revealing all your design ideas.... my little gray calls are taking it all in.

Wow, they sure do sell clear windscreen glass over there..... probably won't have many reflections either.

LOOKS GREAT !!!!!! Low and mean. I like the YELLA. Too many red buckets. Be different.

Glass looks like this when its very clean LOL

Gerry, Have you noticed that the bugs love that colour also? I had a 40 coupe that colour and they for sure loved it.... :)

yep they do love Yellow. Had 4 of them in the paint when it was still wet. Little buggers

Last pics of the yellow color trial.
All put back together and probably will run it on the road for its first 100 or so miles like this. Just got to plumb it, brake it, finish it and legalize it
Hope you enjoyed the yella phase, I did.
Still think its got to be Candy red.
[attachment=4522:last yel1.JPG][attachment=4523:last yel2.JPG][attachment=4524:last yel3.JPG]
[attachment=4525:last yel4.JPG][attachment=4526:last yel5.JPG][attachment=4527:last yel6.JPG]

And yes that is me sitting there

Gerry
OOOO YEAH !!! The stance is PERFECT !! Congrats, Gerry!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back