Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Yes, I am already aware

Mike

We've reached one of those points where I suspect I need to clarify my position, to forestall any further misunderstanding. I dread wasting time commenting on this at all, but I figure it's going to be lot easier for me to comment the one time here, rather than to address the countless messages I would otherwise receive.

Several weeks back, we had a new member arrive here on the forums. For whatever reason, this individual seemed to approach every topic in which he participated with a chip on his shoulder. And it was common to see those topics producing more heat than light, as soon as this individual ladled in. When it became obvious this individual was simply not a good fit for this site, I stepped in and warned him that he was either going to adopt a lighter attitude or I was going to be forced to ban him from this site.

His behavior was predictable. He would start a stushie, wait until Bruce or myself had stepped in to address his poor behavior, after which he would apologize. But within days, it would happen all over again. I enjoy reasonable debate and seeing differing views presented, but this individual was different. He was always right, which made everyone else wrong. That type of contentious attitude is not welcome here and this individual chose to ignore the warning I had given him. When he started in on yet another argument, I banned his forum account. It's not as if he had not been warned, aye? He even goes so far as to admit he knew he was stepping over the line and was not going to "back down". I was pleased to read that, as it has reaffirmed the decision I made to cut this fellow loose. Now I am confident I made the right move in banning him. Had he shown his true colors a bit earlier, he wouldn't have lasted as long as he did.

Well, removing him from this forum did little to stop his contentious attitude. This person has now decided to start a rant on his own Web site. What class, eh? But he's not done yet, because he has entered into an e-mail campaign, to let members of this site know about his rant.

He's decided to tee off on myself and, incredibly enough, many of the members of this site. Some of his rant is pretty difficult to read and understand, but that is pretty much in character. Some parts are easier to understand. in reference to this site, he states,

...the site has little good advice and lots of dangerous and misguided ideas.
Tends to make one wonder why he bothered to register here in the first place, doesn't it? We're talking about a bona-fide T-Bucket "expert" here, a guy who bought (not built, but bought) a show car and now thinks so highly of himself to make these kinds of comments about the members of this site.

To be quite clear, I am not, nor have I ever professed to be a "self-proclaimed Christian guru". Quite the opposite, in fact, I am nothing more than a wretched sinner spending each day being thankful for God's grace and mercy. And if I were the bully this individual says I am, I would have tossed his sorry ass off the site the first time he showed it. But he's got the right to his opinions, no matter how incorrect they might be.

i suppose I'm meant to be hurt or somehow injured by these comments and observations. The fact is I am not. I am offended this person has such a distinct lack of class to make hateful and spiteful comments about the members here. As for his comments about myself, I've been called a lot worse by a lot better and it's all been like water on a duck's back.

By the way, Bob, as soon as I submit this topic, you're going to be just as forgotten as you were yesterday. But with your "tribute" to me on your Web site, I know I'll not be forgotten. Which means I own you, doesn't it? And for the record, I don't know your ex-wife, I don't know Willy, I don't know what body shop you're going on about and I don't particularly care to know. Although I suspect you'll find a way to hold me responsible for your inability to take care of your wife, I can live with that. Because we both know I own you. Have a nice life.

Talk about forgotten today.......I don't even know who he was to start with. I just generally don't pay any attention to those who come across as $$$$$$....t disturbers.

Mike,

Maybe I'm just a thick skinned old fart, but there was only one person here that made me just a little uncomfortable to post. Haven't seen him for awhile, but his attitude was "if you didn't build it, your nothing". I don't know if this is the same guy you are referancing, but if it is, no loss in my book. After meeting so many folks at the last 2 events I've gone to, just a bunch of good fun loving folks who some believe in "show" and some believe in "go". I'm of the latter, but can appreciate the desire for the "show" aspect. Dyno pulls at the last event showed the differance on paper, but again it is a personal choice and I'll respect everyone's choice for how they want their ride to be. Just my .02 worth.

Bob

Its like a bad taste... It wont go away. I think in a democracy, as we are here, he is out voted.
G

Mike,

you say that what this person is doing doesn't bother you, but I submit that it does, or you wouldn't have written the post at all..... but that's a perfectly normal, reasonable and understandable reaction in my book. I've owned my own business for 30 years (Feb 1st 2011) and I have many hundreds of very loyal and happy customers. I work on quite a few second and a few third generation customers equipment, but It still hurts when someone says he's not happy with my work. I guess what I'm saying is that no-one can please everyone all the time. it's just part of dealing with "the public". some people apparantly just LIKE being jerks. or perhaps they just can't help themselves.
I haven't had the pleasure of receiving a "warning" from the person you mention, but I'm pretty sure I know who you refer to. I for one was glad to see him go, and I don't think he had a "leg" to stand on. :rolleyes: I, for one, am 100% behind the way you run this forum, and I think 99% of the members here are also. Don't let the other 1% bug you. let it go.

:hoist:

Russ

Mike,

you say that what this person is doing doesn't bother you, but I submit that it does, or you wouldn't have written the post at all..... but that's a perfectly normal, reasonable and understandable reaction in my book. I've owned my own business for 30 years (Feb 1st 2011) and I have many hundreds of very loyal and happy customers. I work on quite a few second and a few third generation customers equipment, but It still hurts when someone says he's not happy with my work. I guess what I'm saying is that no-one can please everyone all the time. it's just part of dealing with "the public". some people apparantly just LIKE being jerks. or perhaps they just can't help themselves.
I haven't had the pleasure of receiving a "warning" from the person you mention, but I'm pretty sure I know who you refer to. I for one was glad to see him go, and I don't think he had a "leg" to stand on. :rolleyes: I, for one, am 100% behind the way you run this forum, and I think 99% of the members here are also. Don't let the other 1% bug you. let it go.

:hoist:

Russ

DSC011951014x760.jpg

Russ,

I'm still looking forward to meeting you and that really fine ride you designed and built. I guess it will be Springtime at the earliest and my offer to meet you halfway is still open. However, if you prefer not to drive the Northstar T that kind of distance maybe you might consider trailering it down to Plymouth, California for one of the 2nd Saturday's DooWop nights at Speed's Diner and we can do a couple of day drives to Yosemite and then Tahoe.

Bob

Heck looks like I have missed all the action again. I am a newbie here but since coming back and being more involved,I have found the T family absolutely welcoming and you Mike I have nothing put the utmost respect for as I do for all the members here. Thankyou for your time,Whip.

I post pretty often I guess I never got the pleasure of a reply of his greatness. Good Job Mike

Well, I went over to "he-who-can-not-be-named"'s web site and viewed the addition at the bottom of the page. It is amazing how people can view a situation and represent their versions of that situation. And their versions are COMPLETELY different from what the reality is. Mike gave Nunes every chance to tone down his posts and he took that as a challenge. Learning how to have a spirited debate and being in control of one's emotions are part of learning how to "play with others" nicely. Learning how to accept and to let go are also part of the deal. Being gruff and irrasable can be endearing features of a personality and surely there are a few on this site. To be honest I have made posts that caused me to think afterwards but I have always tried to present myself as being open to ideas and willing to accept differences in opinion. Over at the HAMB I got mugged a few times until finally losing that "newbie" stench and now I can post without fear of public crucifixion. Its a rough neighborhood, but rich in "tradition". And like any neighborhood there are mostly good people along with the not so good.
Too bad Nunes didn't stick around and learn how to play just a little nicer. He could have benefited from the group and still debate his his butt off when the need or want arose. Everybody likes a good intelligent argument that can also have a little heat to it. This also applies to moderators and Mike. Keeping within civility, they like to mix it up too.

So, too bad for Bobby, thanks to Mike for doing his job, and as for Willy and Bob's ex, is there really a winner there ? No

John

Sounds like a jerk But it looks like the clear winner is his exwife . No wonder she left apparantly he didnt know everything HA HA

Ok if we are going to talk about people, there posts and their websites it really sucks when there is no links, pictures or all the information. I remember reading a couple of his posts but I don't know who he is or what his website is.

Ok if we are going to talk about people, there posts and their websites it really sucks when there is no links, pictures or all the information. I remember reading a couple of his posts but I don't know who he is or what his website is.

google legshow t. you'll get there.

Russ

Like Judge Judy says "God gave us two ears and one mouth". Seems like problems on forums across the board are from one kind of person, persons that like to hear themselves talk and never can listen because their ear flaps are slammed shut, and I might add as you pointed out, their opinions are always right, that means any dissenting opinion must be wrong.
Steve

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back