Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Yes, I am already aware

Just went to the other site to read all about us. In sense, Bobby is right. There are a lot of Wanna-be's here. I'm one of them. I started my project in March 2009 by rebuilding a Ford AOD that I bought for $25. In June, 2009 I started rebuilding a Ford 302 that came out of a 189,+++ mile Ford F150. I built a fully functional test stand and have run the engine and tranny for about five hours. May of 2010 I got the frame from Spirit and started working on it for a 4-bar suspension set-up. I've had custom parts made by RPM from cad drawings I sent him. Did the set-up and made a locator out of wood so a local weld shop could attach brackets to the rear axle. Got the body in July and have got it just about ready for paint. Put it all together so I could push it up and down the driveway [pics in gallery]. After all that.........

I'm still a wanna-be!!!!! Seriously, I am. I wanna-be driving that car with my wife in the other seat. Testing some of the hilly, curving roads that are all around St. Louis. I wanna-be cruising Forest Park, Old Town St. Charles and many of the other old historic river towns that are up and down the Mississippi. I wanna-be pushed back in the seat as I punch a car that has more HP per Pound than I've ever driven. I wanna-be able to squeal the tires whenever the mood strikes when there are no police officers anywhere close. Get my drift here??? Nothing wrong with being a Wanna-Be. That's how we all started. Some buy, some build. But.....before that ever came about, as with all things in life.........Wanna-Be. I Wanna-Be a hot rod owner and driver. Not there yet, but, come next summer I'll just be a "Be".

So, don't be too hard on Bobby. Some people just can't help it. I once had a physics professor who questioned our parents' intelligence when the class did bad on a test. So maybe Bobby can't help how he is. Inheritance isn't always a good thing.

As far as the advice from you guys go........keep up the good work. I learn a lot here. I hope that some of my posts have helped others.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

It appears to me that some people are just so smart and everything they do is absolutely perfect, it is just near impossible to communicate with us common folk. I went to the website and checked out the comment at the bottom. I am surprised to see that he had time to draft his reply, after all. I noticed that the car is for sale on another web site for $96,000. All I can say to that is " Good Luck ". Wonder what he will buy next to have a detail shop polish up so it can called all his own.

Day-ohm (ebonics for golly gee) I miss all the fun. I googled legshow t and read a couple of lines.

He might suffer from advanced Syphilis.

If you've ever been thrown out of a bar, you might, though not immediately, understand the bar owner decides who stays and who goes because he owns the place.

There's an old saying; Freedom of the press is quaranteed to those who own one.

I doubt what's-his-name grasps that but in reality, who cares?

Winston Churchill said it best. "It doesn't take all kinds, there just are all kinds".

I never liked the look of his car anyway, it looked too kooky for my taste, all in all it was over chromed, over stated, and over priced.

I have always like that car ever since I saw it there in R&C way back then. I sure would like to know what he paid for it originally. Betcha it wasn't anywhere near 96K.

I have met a few people that have bought finished buckets and a few have turned out to be real jerks. It really upsets me when they start talking about how they built it and what all they did to it when somebody else did all the hard work and labor. Got one oldtime buddy that was in our local car club that built his REAL NICE bucket back in the 70's. We were all in Autorama in 1995-97. He ended up selling it in 1998. I saw it again several weekends in a row at a local cruise hangout around 2003. I went over to check it out and overheard him telling other people how he built it and what all he did this and that. I just smiled and said, Hummm, I remember when AB ______ built this in his garage in 1975, and walked away. Never saw him show up again since nor have I seen the car around. If you buy a bucket, say so. Don't claim you did somebody elses work and take credit. It might come back and bite you in the butt later.

Well guys. You know my opinion on Mr N. I really think we have taken up enough resources on him. I expect he is spending more time on this forum than all the rest just to see how much attention he is getting. IMHO

I also have always loved the T, even spent 18 $ on a copy of the original mag. But its like a girl in a really nice dress with an IQ of 12. Looks great but no when the talking starts theres no one home
Gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back