Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

1925 Model T Project Car - Restoration

yeah todd ... when i was growin up in Faribault, i saw Ethyl on the pumps all over town, i thought my mom's friend (Ethyl) was realy popular with the station owners!!! dahhh....

Ron

Youngster said:
yeah todd ... when i was growin up in Faribault, i saw Ethyl on the pumps all over town, i thought my mom's friend (Ethyl) was realy popular with the station owners!!! dahhh....

Ron

They put her name on the pump so she would know which one to get. :)

I started gathering up original Tin in the 50's and ended up with a 20 ft trailer full, did some trades and have a steel 16 v8 t bucket, 17 original touring, 22 speedster now redoing , another speedster in parts, another touring in parts and lots of spares. My 16 has Hassleer rear spring shocks, orig kerosene cowl lites, bulbs in the rears, original top hardware original T handbrake lever, antique mirrors and headlights and spot light. I used mostly antique parts in the 50's when I started it.

T valves. I ran 8 t blocks thru the shop in the 80's ...If the valve guides are worn I would ream tnem out and use small block chevy exhaust valves. I had to do some machine work to get wrench clearance to install adjustable valve tappets. My speedster engine has .060 over alum jahns pistons 3/4 cam and adj lifters, bosh distributor. No magneto horsehoe magnets on the flywheel. aluminum splashers on the flywheel ..dippers on the rods. extra outside oiler line.

is that a flathead or did you find an overhead conversion for it? are you running babbits or inserts?

Ron

yep babbits are poured in the mains and rods. Al ...you need to talk to the guys at Sacramento Ford. they have tons of parts for this car. great guys to deal with. there are lots of services they offer for A blocks like insert bearings, counter balanced cranks, pressurized oiling systems and (whispering) after market speedy stuff. last i heard, the engine mods were being done through H&H Engines, another great jobber. given your past performances and if this car is all original, i would rebuild the motor in stock form with the babbits. if you want to do a little hot footin with it, ie hillclimbs etc, i would look for another block for the engine up grades. there are so many things you can do to this car to personalize it and still be able to turn it into a complete stocker in a weekend with a couple buddies, beer and pizza. too bad we're so far apart, i would love to take an active role in this project. you have tons of smiles ahead of you Al!!!

Ron

that's great news Ron. that's a common starting poit for someone to do a resto on these cars. where the nut and bolt guys fall down is on the sheet metal work. they seem to either fall short of the mark or over restore T's.

Ron

My first acquisition

A pair of 1925 Washington State plates!

wn100346.jpg

They were orginally white background with Dk Blue letters like this one...

plate001.jpg

One should always READ the threads before we delete them.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back