Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

For Sale 23 T Bucket

Neshkoro

It's time to start a new project. In order to start the new one I have to sell the old one.
So here goes:
1923 Ford Roadster Pickup
Body: Fiberglass
Engine: 283 Chevy, 1967? , 4 bbl carb, electronic ignition
Trans; 3 speed manual
Rear end: 1968 Nova
Front spindles; 1952 Ford
Drum brakes all around
Hand Built everything
Built in 1980
Asking: $16,500.00 or best offer
Located 35 miles northwest of Chicago
Runs and drives goodRoadster-7.jpg Roadster-1.JPG Roadster-2.JPG Roadster-3.JPG Roadster-4.JPG Roadster-5.JPG Roadster-6.jpg Roadster-7.jpg Roadster-1.JPG Roadster-2.JPG Roadster-3.JPG Roadster-4.JPG Roadster-5.JPG Roadster-6.jpg

It's been 2 weeks with no interest since I posted my T Bucket for sale.
I'm dropping the price $1,500.00 to $15,000.
For you experts out there, what do you think of the price?
Too high? OK?

Thanks,

Bill

I know that it is your baby and all that, and pricing is tough, but it is an old build and I can see no more than $10,000.00 for it if that.

Gotta find that person that falls in love and really wants THAT car. BTW, whose frame, whose body, will the engine need to be gone thru, trans quiet, rear quiet, etc ?
How old is it ?

John

Thanks for the reply, One Finger John. I understand your points.The body is unknown. I bought it at a swap meet. The frame was made by me from 1-1/2 X 3X 1/8" wall tubing. Engine runs good; has a little blow by.The trans and rear end are quiet. The car is 30 years old. The way I look at it, it's all there. Even if you wanted to disassemble it and rebuild everything, You have all the parts.
You know the costs of all those parts.

When you sit in the car how is the pedal placement? Is the clutch pedal difficult to use? Can "BIG Foot" drive the car, say, in a parade? Can a tall or heavy (or both) person fit in the car with passenger ?
Are there any noticeable "Harley" spots on the garage floor ? Does it start right up without the aid of starter fluid or battery charge or fiddling with floats or whatnot ? Can you get in it right now and drive it 500 miles with no problems and do it again the next week ?

Do a Spring tune up (points, plugs, condenser, fluids, filters, belts, brake shoes, etc.) and drive it. You will have more of a chance of selling it if someone sees you driving it and having fun. Be ready to sell it at any moment to anyone. Take it to cruises, shows and rod runs. And when you sell it make sure it will last the whole rod season.

And replace the front rims with a set that match the rears.

After all that (not much really) you might fall in love with it all over again and keep it.

John

John,,
If you own a T Bucket you know the interior room. They're mostly all the same size for the standard body. I wouldn't want to drive 500 miles in my daily driver let alone my T Bucket. As with any old car there is some small oil drips, etc. I can get in it at any time and it will start up and take me where I want to go.

Unfortunatley , the money isn't in the body/frame or engine/trans. The money's in "everthing" else. If you were to sell it off piecemeal , you'd possibly end up making more than selling the car whole , but if you value your time , it's not worth it . Like 1J says , you're better off trying to sell "on site". We're still not out of the economic slump & some of us older guys have taken a beating w/retirement accounts. Hang in there , someone may still show some interest....Have you tried CL or one of the local Auto traders ??
dave

Dave,

Not yet. I think I will give Auto Trader a try. What is CG? I appreciate the idea.

Thanks,

Bill

Not sure if this will help but, this is what I bought for $8K, less chrome, radius rads were homemade (poorly) side to side were different, wiring a mess. rust, leaks and the list goes on. Perhaps I over paid- under paid not sure but, that is what I found in my price range at the time. I paid an appraiser to look at it prior to purchase. Purchased in Minnesota.

IMG_20140914_143329_997_zpsb1nhlj2k.jpg
IMG_20140914_143344_557_zpsazieqxfn.jpg

It sounds like you got a great deal on that car. I think whenever you buy something like that, there are things you want to do to it to make it yours.
Thanks for the feedback.

Bill

Not sure if this will help but, this is what I bought for $8K, less chrome, radius rads were homemade (poorly) side to side were different, wiring a mess. rust, leaks and the list goes on. Perhaps I over paid- under paid not sure but, that is what I found in my price range at the time. I paid an appraiser to look at it prior to purchase. Purchased in Minnesota.

IMG_20140914_143329_997_zpsb1nhlj2k.jpg
IMG_20140914_143344_557_zpsazieqxfn.jpg

If I may ask, do you happen to know the diameter on that gas tank? My build will be a exposed tank bobtail like yours, with the tank positioned relative to the back of the body and tire similar to yours. I'm going back and forth between wanting an 8" or 10" diameter tank. Your's looks close to the size I want, and I'd definately not want to go smaller.

If I may ask, do you happen to know the diameter on that gas tank? My build will be a exposed tank bobtail like yours, with the tank positioned relative to the back of the body and tire similar to yours. I'm going back and forth between wanting an 8" or 10" diameter tank. Your's looks close to the size I want, and I'd definately not want to go smaller.

Looks like a Speedway spun aluminum tank. I had one and it was 10"x34". They've got 'em in polished stainless steel, also. Check their website. Several sizes are available.

Yes, speedway offers a 9.5 gallon tank stainless
IMG_20151024_163746_540_zpsitzknfcx.jpg

Sorry did not mean to high jack the thread but, rather show what I paid for a bucket in a nearby area. And, yes speedway offers different size in stainless, here is the 9.5 gallon. Note, need to plan your route if you are running dual quads, drains fast!

The Speedway 9.5 gal tank is a 10"x30". That pretty much sets me on 10" diameter. Right now, I'm liking the BAM spun aluminum tanks...probably 33" length. I'll be running a little V6, so I'm not too worried about draining too quickly.

Sorry for the hijacking.

I bought a 10 x 33 from Sandstorm (BAM) with sending unit. Excellent craftsmanship.......Looks small to me but dont have the car yet for perspective lol

Yes, speedway offers a 9.5 gallon tank stainless
IMG_20151024_163746_540_zpsitzknfcx.jpg

Sorry did not mean to high jack the thread but, rather show what I paid for a bucket in a nearby area. And, yes speedway offers different size in stainless, here is the 9.5 gallon. Note, need to plan your route if you are running dual quads, drains fast!
What kind of mileage are you getting ?
dave

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back