Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A Bit More Progress

Are you using any type of sound suppression device(s), or just letting the beast roar?:D

Are they acoustic? Been trying of years to find some kind of info on how to make acoustic pipes.

Going with these.

CRUISER 7000 Muffler (Oval)

They say they have a similar sound as a 3 chambered Flow Master.
Those are nice, low profile. I love the sound of flow masters, have them on a couple of my cars. I bet you are anxious to fire that beast up. I have been busy on other issues, but I'm jonesing to fire up my 427 again. It may provide some much needed enthusiasm...for me. Damned winter rut, lol.

Are they acoustic? Been trying of years to find some kind of info on how to make acoustic pipes.

Sorry Gerry, I don't know what that is.

Those are nice, low profile. I love the sound of flow masters, have them on a couple of my cars. I bet you are anxious to fire that beast up. I have been busy on other issues, but I'm jonesing to fire up my 427 again. It may provide some much needed enthusiasm...for me. Damned winter rut, lol.

I have so much to do. It gets overwhelming if I dwell too much on it.

I have to keep moving around to keep it interesting.

Still only 50 percent done with the doors.

I have so much to do. It gets overwhelming if I dwell too much on it.

I have to keep moving around to keep it interesting.

Still only 50 percent done with the doors.
I'm still in the middle of the doors also. I got them both hinged and latched, time to get back into the glass. I just had other things come up with my daughters accident, court, getting her into another car, taxes, etc, and so on. Sometimes it seems like I will never get it done, but then I get back into a rhythm and see light at the end of the tunnel. My friend machined the front rims and made adapters so my brake rotors will work. That was a boost. If I could get fate to cooperate, I'd have the glass work and body done in a week or two, in sealer, etc. then I could dry fit everything prior to final disassembly, finish welding, paint, etc... I do have the body on the frame right now, once the jambs and door edges are finished, I plan to mount the column, seat frame, pedals, etc to confirm fit and function, looking forwards to actually seeing all of the parts actually assembled. I totally understand about having to refocus. Keep up the good work!

Sorry Gerry, I don't know what that is.

Sorry.

They are silencers that use only specifically placed baffles placed to reduce the noise with no other packing such as glass fibre etc. The science comes from where, how and how big these should be. No packing means it can never blow out of the silencer, like it seems to over time. I have tried to find info on this kind of silencing in a 2" dia tube, but to no avail.

Kinda like the old Walker "chambered pipes" idea from the 60's. I know GM spends megabucks researching exhaust sound at the tailpipe, and what makes it sound the way it does. It's kinda black magic!;):confused::cool::rolleyes:

I'm getting 'em. But holy moly it's time consuming. All day on my knees.

Would be a lot easier if it were at eye level on a lift.

4-15-17 3.JPG

I totally get the knees and bending issue. I actually own a lift, but it won't fit in my current shop due to the low ceiling. It's in my barn, but my tools are not. It's worse to own one and not be able to use it than not have one, imho. I really miss my old shop! Those are going to be very nice headers.

I totally get the knees and bending issue. I actually own a lift, but it won't fit in my current shop due to the low ceiling. It's in my barn, but my tools are not. It's worse to own one and not be able to use it than not have one, imho. I really miss my old shop! Those are going to be very nice headers.
You know you can mount them outside on a pad or driveway turn around. Just make sure electrical is for weather proof.

Work of art in the making..........

so much easier to have them outside the frame, but I can only anticipate the look you are going for.:D

You know you can mount them outside on a pad or driveway turn around. Just make sure electrical is for weather proof.
Yea, thought about it, unfortunately, I live in Ohio, the weather is horrible here most of the time. I actually have the materials to build a high bay onto my shop, or even a new shop behind the barn, but were thinking about relocating due to the weather and related health issues. We're down to one child at home now, and she plans to attend law school out of state, we don't need this big house, and keeping the property up absorbs more energy than I have. That's one reason the bucket project is taking so long. Back to the " a little bit more progress". Sorry for the derailment!

Fletcherson, when I moved to Florida as soon as I retired I said that Ohio was a beautiful place to be from. Far, far from! LOL Below is a link that I found on line that his last right turn is the road where I was raised. I must warn all that may choose to view this video that THERE IS VERY STRONG LANGUAGE! So, be forewarned.
Dude Loses His Mind Over The Number Of Potholes In His Town

Jim

Fletcherson, when I moved to Florida as soon as I retired I said that Ohio was a beautiful place to be from. Far, far from! LOL Below is a link that I found on line that his last right turn is the road where I was raised. I must warn all that may choose to view this video that THERE IS VERY STRONG LANGUAGE! So, be forewarned.
Dude Loses His Mind Over The Number Of Potholes In His Town

Jim
Home sweet home! Lol.

so much easier to have them outside the frame

I always seem to have to do everything the most difficult way possible.:confused:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back