Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A great instructional video rental place

RexRod

Todd started a thread about wanting to learn some machining skills, and I remembered about a really cool on-line video rental place I found. The place is called "SmartFlix" and the idea is their videos are all instructional in nature. They've got vids on how to weld, machine, woodwork, even all of Ron Covells stuff is on there.

I've rented quite a few metal forming videos form SmartFlix on using the English Wheel, hammer and dolly, power hammer, and tube bending. I even rented one that showed you how to chop the top of a Studebaker Truck.

Anyway, relating to what Todd was talking about, they have a ton of vids on using the lathe and milling machine.

Some vids are well made, some are not. There all amature made. It's a place you could make a video for as well. If you think you've got what it takes to teach something to others on camera, they're always looking for people to make instructional videos to add to their collection. You guys should check it out.

David

Ops! Forgot to give you a linky: http://smartflix.com/

Certainly Looks affordable. Ill try some. Also if anyone finds good stuff free on the net I will start a tread to my program site and organize. Might be able to do it hear but know I can do it at http://www.autotechtube.org 100 bucketheads looking for good stuff is better than one. Some other instructor and I are trying to do the same kind of thing using youtube, teachertube and others to do are redneck version of just in time training. Some are good and others arent. All we have to do is find them and organize them and they are available for students 24/7. I was watching some of BCs stuff today. Pics on this forum are a wonderful resource think how much better it would be with how to Videos.

Thanks for tip I checked out site. I know I am going to try some of their videos. I have also found some good help on you tube.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back