Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Another bucket guy!

tfeverfred

Hello, everyone. I'm sorry I made the mistake of posting before introducing myself, but I was so glad I stumbled on this site today, that I guess I forgot my manners.

I have loved T buckets since I first saw one. It's taken me a long time (33 years!) to finally get to the point that I can get one going. I just completed my rolling chassis last weekend and let me tell you it was a great day!

I'm going with a look I call "Nuevo Retro". A bit of old and new school. I'll post pics when I figure out how to reduce them for this site.

Welcome to the forums! We're glad you found your way here. I know there have just been a lot of additions made to the forum to hopefully make us even easier to find, in the future.

I'm like you, there's always been something about the T's that kept me wanting one. I don't know exactly what it is, unless it is the utter simplicity of the cars.

Granted, creature comforts are scarce at best, but what was a hot rod originally meant to be? Something with power windows, locks, cruise, tilt, air and AM/FM/CD? I've got a Quad-Cab Dakota with all those toys. Now all I want is a toy that has no toys. ;)

So, true! I heard a guy say that they ride rough! The answer he got back was....

"If you wanted a Lexus, you should have bought one!"

LOL I'm 6'3" and thought they would be too small for me.:eek: But I had been doing research and trying ideas to copy the seating position of the Total Performance seat insert. I saw the pics on this site and now I know my idea will work. I have ridden in ones with the regular seating and it felt like I was riding ON it instead of IN it.

Thanks again for the welcome.

I don't know if you follow NHRA drag racing, but one of the Pro Stock owner/drivers, Larry Morgan, once made the comment to me that he just wanted to race. And he didn't care what he was racing, as long as he had to get IN it, rather than get ON it. :D

I believe the insert is the way to go. I'll just glue on the leather to cover up all the plastic.

thomas:)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back