Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Another buckethead..

norseman

Howdy, been snooping around for awhile and figured I might as well check in.
some of you all know me as butterfinger over at the ntba.
Been into Ts for a few years, having a ball with mine. Other cars in my life have included a 55 chevy del ray , one 57 chev belair, monza spyders etc etc etc..
NONE got the attention the T gets. I currently live in a busy car neighborhood with an impala and camaro fetish. I have a decent shop to work in and could probably stay busy doing old car stuff if i wanted to. Rather do it for fun. Currently finishing off a teardrop camper to take behind the T or the wifes buick or one of the impalas. lol
I have made my living doing steel fabrication work, been welding as long as I can remember. Also ran a fishing guide buisness for a number of years.
Went to school for auto mech back about 20 years ago plus adult education bodyshop classes. (needed to hang a set of quarterpanels on a 70 chevelle lol)
Pretty much into old surf rock and roll hotrods and spending as much time as possible with my family. My 6 year old daughter loves going for drives around beautiful up north minnesota lakes country. Later all!! Paul

Welcome Norseman, I'd like to see some pics of the teardrop. :food:

Ill stick up some teardrop pics when the weather warms up and I can finish it off. Been to much of a tightwad to heat the shop this winter with the cost of propane. Was a fun project, took about a year of spare time. Need to put finish coat on it.

"Another one? Doesn't anyone collect STAMPS, anymore!"
you_got_to_be_kidding.jpg
:food:

Welcome aboard, Butter!

Paul,

Some how I missed your intro. As I read it the first time, I couldn't help remember some of my passed rides. See if this sounds familar. A '55 Chevy Del Ray, A '57 Chevy sport coupe, 3 Vega with sbc's and some T buckets for the fun of it. Those Texas boys ain't got nothin' on us Minnesota Yankees, huh?

Ron

Youngster said:
Paul,

Some how I missed your intro. As I read it the first time, I couldn't help remember some of my passed rides. See if this sounds familar. A '55 Chevy Del Ray, A '57 Chevy sport coupe, 3 Vega with sbc's and some T buckets for the fun of it. Those Texas boys ain't got nothin' on us Minnesota Yankees, huh?

Ron
Well, yall complain about our good winter weather, then ya go to yer shed and build cars! You got at least 4 months to start a new ride! It just ain't fair, I tell ya!:lol:

Fred ... I can get you a good deal on some cheese to go with your wine!!

Ron

OK...let's see how much smarter this box is than I am. Picture posting test.

Hey! Cool old 57!
What kind of wheels is it sporting? I will always love the T buckets most but I have a big ole sweet spot for those 65 and earlier full sized chevys..Man its snowing hard, wont be going anywhere this afternoon.. Feelin better today!! Paul

That was the first set of "mags" in Stillwater. They're Fenton wabblers. I went thru 7 wheels before we found 4 that didn't have excessive runout. I was the second owner of the car. Paid $900 for it when you could buy a nice one for $650 to $700. The color was bronze and white. It had a 265 / 'glide in it. Wasn't fast,but sure was pretty. I used ta charge the girls $.25 to ride in the back seat and $.50 to ride up front with me. When you're makin' $2.15 an hour, you had to be creative in coming up with gas money. Had my Dad sell it when I was in boot camp with two $47 payments left on it. Sorry, ididn't mean to ramble on.

Ron

No but I carry around a pocket full of 50 cent pieces just in case I get a chance to ride with some girl.

Ron

Youngster said:
No but I carry around a pocket full of 50 cent pieces just in case I get a chance to ride with some girl.

Ron

Dang. And I've been wasting my money on Old Spice!:mad:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back