Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Attn All of you 6-71 Blower guys

GT63

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Check out this new Fuel Injection blower Manifold . The Blower goes on top. Boost Daddy is asking $1695 just for the manifold.

Boostdaddy Sales EFI Fuel Injection Blower Manifold for SBC

P5240056.JPG

too bad the rest of the stuff required is so expensive. It is VERY similar to my non-EFI blower intake I have been working on in my part-time (and special thanks to my buddy Weelstang).

You would need a longer blower belt and a longer drive snout. I have this available in a non EFI version as well. An EFI set up can run up to $7,000.00 for everything needed.
Thanks,
Marv Hineman
Boost Daddy Sales

blownt said:
too bad the rest of the stuff required is so expensive.

Have you ever heard of the Megasquirt EFI controller? Its basically on open source engine computer. Its MUCH cheaper and flexible then most other EFI controllers....AND you can solder it together yourself! But they will assemble it for you too (just have to pay a lil extra).

My brother built one and is using it on his cadillac northstar thats going in his 31 pontiac sedan, and I bought one to run my motorcycle that I converted to EFI/turbo.

Here's the link, (be ready to do a LOT of reading!!)

MegaSquirt - Electronic Fuel Injection Computer by Bowling & Grippo * * 2005

diztroy said:
Have you ever heard of the Megasquirt EFI controller? Its basically on open source engine computer. Its MUCH cheaper and flexible then most other EFI controllers....AND you can solder it together yourself! But they will assemble it for you too (just have to pay a lil extra).

My brother built one and is using it on his cadillac northstar thats going in his 31 pontiac sedan, and I bought one to run my motorcycle that I converted to EFI/turbo.

Here's the link, (be ready to do a LOT of reading!!)

MegaSquirt - Electronic Fuel Injection Computer by Bowling & Grippo * * 2005

I have several friends that are using the Megasquirt stuff. They all love it. But like you said earlier, it's not plug and play. You need to be the kind of person that likes rolling up his sleeves and learn about something new. I personally find the whole subject of computer control engine management systems super interesting. There is a great book out that brought me up to speed real quick on the subject. Here's a link to it on Amazon:
[ame="[url]http://www.amazon.com/Modify-Management-Systems-Motorbooks-Workshop/dp/0760315825/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222635002&sr=8-1[/url]"]Amazon.com: How to Tune and Modify Engine Management Systems (Motorbooks Workshop): Jeff Hartman: Books[/ame]

If anyone is going for the Megasquirt setup, I highly recommend this book.

Take care,

David

You make a good point, there is a steep learning curve with it at first, but I think the knowledge you gain is worth the hassle. Its nice to not feel so intimidated by all the electronic gizzmos these days! :rolleyes:

I have this book myself, its tailored a little more toward hotrods then most EFI books I've looked through,

[ame="[url]http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Management-Reference-Graffiti-Handbooks/dp/094939890X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222635362&sr=1-3[/url]"]Amazon.com: Electronic Engine Management Reference Manual (Graffiti Hot Rod Handbooks): Frank Choco Munday: Books[/ame]

GT63 said:
Check out this new Fuel Injection blower Manifold . The Blower goes on top. Boost Daddy is asking $1695 just for the manifold.

Boostdaddy Sales EFI Fuel Injection Blower Manifold for SBC

P5240056.JPG

Uh.....cool looking....I just don't know about having the blower that high up. :eek:There is a lot of stress on a blower manifold. At drive boost....its taking about 40 horses to turn that lung over, plus the belt slap, yada, yada, yada......I'm sure they did their homework, but there is too many things that could break in my opinion.....ask me after they've run these things on the street for about 5 years, then I'll tell ya...............:eek:

you can ask this guy. He's had this setup for prolly over 5 years I kow of. Been to several Nats. Blower on a tunnelram intake. He's the one that gave me the idea to build one.

blownt said:
you can ask this guy. He's had this setup for prolly over 5 years I kow of. Been to several Nats. Blower on a tunnelram intake. He's the one that gave me the idea to build one.

Hey, NOW THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!! I Love It!!!!:razz: Like I said....if they've run em' at least 5 years....thats time enough to find any bugs abd figure them out. I stand corrected.......but hey.....I like my blower sitting a little lower......I like looking at the scenary as I cruz..............:cool:

Just worried about the blower belt, thats all.....there's a lot of force beling applied to the crank snout already....After I broke 2 cranks...I use to run twin V-belts on my 8-71 on a Aluminum Roded, roller cammed, 421 Pontiac and never had any slippage issues and my cranks lived......but as one of the moderators pointed out......Mine was bit of a weekend racer.........

Hi
I have explored the EFI for my blown SBC. I chose the Redline set up. They offer all the pieces to make the project successful. They also include a fuel map that works with your setup to get going. Then you fine tune your engine.
They have harnesses and such also.
Regards Pop

Here is another blower question,,
What is the difference between a ford and chevy blower other than the intake is the snout on the opposite side and can you just move it a half turn to put the snout on the other side ??

no you cannot rotate the front cover to put the snout on the other side. The front cover is not a true oval. Don't know what that would accomplish anyways? Most Ford blowers are up higher to clear the distributor. As is the blower I am building for the 460 in the jet boat. A blower is a blower, it is the intakes that are different and places the blower case in different positions.

blownt said:
no you cannot rotate the front cover to put the snout on the other side. The front cover is not a true oval. Don't know what that would accomplish anyways? Most Ford blowers are up higher to clear the distributor. As is the blower I am building for the 460 in the jet boat. A blower is a blower, it is the intakes that are different and places the blower case in different positions.

Hey BT, you using a 8-71 or 14-71 on that 460? Man I bet that beast is going to be really thirsty ;)

OK thanks ,,,

Grant, the blower I am doing for the jet boat is a BDS 8-71 kit. I got a SUPER deal on it from a buddy of RPM's along with a set of Edelbrock alum 460 heads. Just could not let that deal pass. Also had a 468 BBC in the garage I am planning on using in the 29 sedan project when I can get back to that. Ryan wanted a project for his auto tech class in high school and asked if he could rebuild the rat. I said sure, have at it. So he has been working with the local machine shop as a project and doing (or helping) with the machine work. I just bought a set of flattop pistons and rings .040 over for him to use to bore the big block. Wanted a set of dished pistons but did not want to spend $500 right now. Sooner or later the 29 sedan will have a blower too.

RocknT said:
Here is another blower question,,
What is the difference between a ford and chevy blower other than the intake is the snout on the opposite side and can you just move it a half turn to put the snout on the other side ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownt

Well.....I'm with BlownT....a blower is a blower....its the intake that makes it fit a Chevy/ Ford/ Dodge. Flipping your drive to the other side, isn't going to do anything unless your engine rotates in the opposite direction, besides.......you don't flip the cover.....things don 't line up......................................:cool:..................

OK ,, Just was not clear how it worked ,, Thanks

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back