Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Autometer Speedometer

Johnny

I have an electronic speedometer and tried to calibrate yesterday. The needle pegs to full and when ready to start goes to halfway point like its suppose to. When I start my two mile drive the digital readout does not show the pulse count. Therefore it does not calibrate or work.
Need a little help. Pretty sure it's wired like instructed. Only thing I see is there are two ground plugs on the back of speedometer. Should I have a ground at both plugs? Do I have it in the wrong ground?
The gauge is a speedometer, tach combo.

Thanks,
Johnny

I have an electronic speedometer and tried to calibrate yesterday. The needle pegs to full and when ready to start goes to halfway point like its suppose to. When I start my two mile drive the digital readout does not show the pulse count. Therefore it does not calibrate or work.
Need a little help. Pretty sure it's wired like instructed. Only thing I see is there are two ground plugs on the back of speedometer. Should I have a ground at both plugs? Do I have it in the wrong ground?

Thanks,
Johnny
Without seeing the schematics and instructions, it's hard to help, but to troubleshoot, after you verify the connections are correct, the first step would be to verify there is a signal coming from the pulse generator with a voltmeter. Does the tach work? Does the company have a tech support web site with troubleshooting section? Does it have a signal generator that mounts to the trans? If so, make sure it is actually being driven by the gear on the tail shaft. An easy way to check that would be to remove it and spin it to see if you get a reading if you don't have a multimeter handy. That's about all I can come up with without details. Good luck!

Thanks,
Johnny

Autometer 3 ½” electric speedometer

Sender wires as follows to back of speedometer

White = connect to (SIG on meter)

Red +12v = goes both to (ing source and to +12v on meter)

Black = goes to ground on frame, speedometer also has to be hooked up to ground under dash to (GND on meter)

Calibration is 2 mile drive range, I have found keep the speed to 40-45 mph best while calibration. If you don't have a copy of the instructions send me a pm with your email and we can send you a copy.

Thanks, guys. I'll recheck that wiring this week end
I think I have the same problem .
Are you using a Intellitronix S 9020 sending unit? I have tried to get a hold of them but not much luck. Auto meter said it is a sending unit ,Intellitronix said ( when I can a hold of them ) its a spedo problem .
Have you fixed your problem ?

Well, I found my ground wire on the wrong ground from the wiring schematic. But, this crazy weather got in the way of checking it out. It's snowing right now!
I will sure let you know if it's fixed whenever I can get back on the road.

Well, I found my ground wire on the wrong ground from the wiring schematic. But, this crazy weather got in the way of checking it out. It's snowing right now!
I will sure let you know if it's fixed whenever I can get back on the road.

Anyone ever dealt with or heard of Intellitronix corp ?

Those things can be a pain. I know mine is hooked up correctly with the correct sender, and it just jumps around wildly while sitting there idling. After I'm moving it settles down and is accurate.

Well, took it apart and put it back together. Calibrated it. Shows speed but needle is like a bobble head. Bounces! Dammit!
Calling AutoMeter.

Double checked and checked again. May have been a loose ground or erratic behavior on my part during calibration(spinning tires). Couldn't help myself. Recalibrated nice and smooth. Bounce is gone! Yeeeee Haaaaa!!!!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back