Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Battery

TexasT

For you guys that have a TP car, using there bolt on battery box, what battery will fit? Im having trouble finding one to fit.

I have a Optima battery. You can lay it on its side and it works real well.

I believ the one I have is manufactures part number 9022-091

I believ the one I have is manufactures part number 9022-091
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ODYS...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Check out these Odyssey Dry Cells.
I have one in both of my buckets and They take up very little room and work GREAT. I have had one in the Yellow T for three years now and never have had to jump start this car once. The Chrome T has had its Qdyssey now for a year and I have cranked on this 302 a bunch and I have only charged when I did not have an Alt working. Try them you will like them. 3 inches deep 6 inches wide and 7 inches long will go in a lot of small places. Mount any way, both of mine lay down flat.

Mike

Yep, that is what I use 680 cranking in a 15 lb. battery. Another great feature of the AGM (absorbed glass mat) battery is its very low self discharge rate. A regular lead acid will completly self discharge over the winter but these will start your rod after a year of sitting. I also use 4 of the 680's in series for 48 volts for my hot rod electric scooter that will beat my 'Vette to 40 mph. I can not say enough good things about using AGM batteries.

Hi
Are the Optima battery's really THAT good.
Ive looked at them but been put off by their price. Experience has taught me that expensive does not always mean better!!!
Gerry

Hi
Ive looked at them but been put off by their price. Experience has taught me that expensive does not always mean better!!!
Gerry

Gerry: I did not had good luck with the two Optima's that I had. I finally gave up on them and bought a cheap $50 standard battery that fit my battery box and it has performed flawlessly. I thought I'd have to charge it this spring when I finally got it started for the year, but it just cranked over with no help. I'll probably try one of the Odyssey batteries when this one gives up.

Hi
Gerry

I've had my Yellow Top Optima for 10 years and it still starts the T after sitting for 3-4 months during the winter and still holds 12.5 -13.5 volts consistently.

IMHO, yes the Odyssey batteries are that good. No more corroded terminals or any other mess. If your looking to keep weight down, this battery will save you a least 40 lbs. The (4) Hawker Odyssey PC680's AGMs I have in my hot rod scooter have over 1800 miles on them and still act as new. Remember this isn't 1800 miles of starting a engine but instead powering the vehcle. Check it out..................

http://www.evalbum.com/605

http://www.evalbum.com/popupimg.php?384

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back