Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Body back on. Yellow and bright

Gerry

Got the body back on yesterday. Also sorted out the UJs on the drive shafts (No circlips up to this point) Still not sure if yellow is the right color but it will do for the nats next week.
Made an A frame up as well to pull the thing to the meet. 30 bucks of steel and a couple of hours work. Sure beats messing with a trailer. Just so quick and simple. Now for a ride in the T with my buddy pulling. This means I can feel if everything is OK, although trying NOT to steer, brake or accelerate will be very hard. Just have to sit there and enjoy.
yel with body on1.JPG yel with body on2.JPGView attachment yel with body on3.JPG
yel with body on4.JPGyel with body on5.JPG yel with body on6.JPG

Gerry

Got the body back on yesterday. Also sorted out the UJs on the drive shafts (No circlips up to this point) Still not sure if yellow is the right color but it will do for the nats next week.
Made an A frame up as well to pull the thing to the meet. 30 bucks of steel and a couple of hours work. Sure beats messing with a trailer. Just so quick and simple. Now for a ride in the T with my buddy pulling. This means I can feel if everything is OK, although trying NOT to steer, brake or accelerate will be very hard. Just have to sit there and enjoy.
[attachment=4514:yel with body on1.JPG] [attachment=4515:yel with body on2.JPG][attachment=4516:yel with body on3.JPG]
[attachment=4517:yel with body on4.JPG][attachment=4518:yel with body on5.JPG] [attachment=4519:yel with body on6.JPG]

Gerry
Great profile shot ... can see in the rear shot that the jag suspension is already working ... will it get a windscreen?

Looks real good, best always, John

Great profile shot ... can see in the rear shot that the jag suspension is already working ... will it get a windscreen?

Looks real good, best always, John

Tall screen, very tall top TRUE Fad
Gerry

When you go for your first test "pull", sit on your passenger side, our drivers side, for an interesting perspective. Front end may also act differently being pulled vs pushed. Be sure to make engine noises as you motor along. Try to avoid the squealing brakes/crashing noises if at all possible.

Cheers, J.

P.S. Video too w/sound if possible.

When you go for your first test "pull", sit on your passenger side, our drivers side, for an interesting perspective. Front end may also act differently being pulled vs pushed. Be sure to make engine noises as you motor along. Try to avoid the squealing brakes/crashing noises if at all possible.

Cheers, J.

P.S. Video too w/sound if possible.

Vrooooom Vroooom Blapppppppp Blapppppp.
Is that anywhere near
G

Sweet ride. Looks good from every angle, but I love the front view. It looks like something to run from . . . with its big eyes and chrome teeth.

That's gonna be one bitchin' roadster. I love the fad T style. And it's my favorite color. That has to be the coolest Jag set up i've ever saw.

I've been thinking about building a tow bar for mine. How does it hook up?

BTW . . . I meant to mention the color earlier. I agree with LarryH, yellow is the perfect color. Now I'm off to the annual Springfield (OR) Cruise.

:hi: Sweet!!!

After the show, you will probably be closer on deciding on a keeper colour... The ladies usually love Yellow... Plus they can't miss you, any time!!
Looks like you have the body pretty straight, that will make a great under coat for a candy colour... I myself like solid colors. :hi: Have fun at the show...

After the show, you will probably be closer on deciding on a keeper colour... The ladies usually love Yellow... Plus they can't miss you, any time!!
Looks like you have the body pretty straight, that will make a great under coat for a candy colour... I myself like solid colors. :) Have fun at the show...

Hey Ted.
Something to be said for solid colors... they can be touched up, no problem. Show should be good if the weather holds. Apparently one of the ZZ Tops guys will be there WOOOOOOOOoooooopeeeeeeeeeee!

Gerry

That's gonna be one bitchin' roadster. I love the fad T style. And it's my favorite color. That has to be the coolest Jag set up i've ever saw.

I've been thinking about building a tow bar for mine. How does it hook up?

Thanks.
The only thing left from a Jag on the rear end is the differential. All the rest is hand made. I will Throw a post up about the tow bar when its finished. So simple to make and a real positive lock on the T when its being towed.
Gerry

Hey Ted.
Something to be said for solid colors... they can be touched up, no problem. Show should be good if the weather holds. Apparently one of the ZZ Tops guys will be there WOOOOOOOOoooooopeeeeeeeeeee!

Gerry
Yes that touch up will be a lot quicker and easier, that first scratch is a hard one to take, kinda like taking pickles out of a jar, after the first one, the rest come easy :) I have more than my share, but not to worry, does not hurt the fun and have no more worries about new scratches :)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back