Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Body choice?

Sorry Rick, I should have been more spacific. When I said there wasn't much difference in the bodies, I wasn't talking about diamensionally. The point I was trying to make is that it takes some work to bring all of the bodies to finial paint. Several people seem to think It's just a scuff and shoot. I'm sure you'll agree that's not the case.

On the MAS body, Sorry to hear of your bad experience with it. I have used a stock T windshield frame and posts with a lot less trouble than some of the other makes. Granted, bodies are a bit on the thin side, but that also makes it easier to straighten them.

Again I want to let those of you that are looking at 'glass bodies, there is as much work involved in straightening and preping one of these as there is to a steel body. It's not an out of the box and into the paint booth thing.

Youngster

Youngster said:
Sorry Rick, I should have been more spacific. When I said there wasn't much difference in the bodies, I wasn't talking about diamensionally. The point I was trying to make is that it takes some work to bring all of the bodies to finial paint. Several people seem to think It's just a scuff and shoot. I'm sure you'll agree that's not the case.

On the MAS body, Sorry to hear of your bad experience with it. I have used a stock T windshield frame and posts with a lot less trouble than some of the other makes. Granted, bodies are a bit on the thin side, but that also makes it easier to straighten them.

Again I want to let those of you that are looking at 'glass bodies, there is as much work involved in straightening and preping one of these as there is to a steel body. It's not an out of the box and into the paint booth thing.

Youngster

Yep your right about that no out of box to paint.ALL bodys come with flaws.A body is made in a mold and hence comes the work.Mas does not make there own bodies but who ever they get theres from take them out of the mold to fast and the body i got was twisted.And NO standard windshield frame made would fit it it was either 1/2 to long or short.I found buying from a REAL manufacturer made more sence so i went with Total and the body although thin it gave me NO problems and was pretty damn straight to.They also use a three mold deal where the parts are molded then assembled(Aniversary body).

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back