Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Built a toggle switch box for wiper motor and turnsignal switch

AndyMenon

The after market turn signal switch has been wired hot on my bucket. Therefore, the LED light is on all the time. Not to risk frequent battery drains, I decided to add a toggle switch to the the circuit. In the process, I wired up the manual on/off switch for the wiper motor.

Pics attached. The box has been installed under the dash and I toggling the red-switch turns the red LED on the turn-signal switch on or off. No other functionality such as lighting or horn is affected.

Green one is for the wiper motor. The Blue one is spare. I have an electric water pump hooked up that comes on when the accessories are turned on. I plan to use the blue switch to use as a bypass.

Fun part is I can turn the switches on or off with my toe ;) . And they provide pretty decent lighting under the dash when they are on.:)

The last picture is that of an on-board trickle charger. It's bolted under the seat. All I have to do is raise up the seat and plug it into an extension cord. Keeps the battery at minimum 12.6 V

Andy

WP_001564.jpg WP_001571.jpg WP_001582.jpg WP_001585.jpg WP_001586.jpg WP_001588.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back