Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Caster Setting

Mr. Fixit

HI All:

I have read a bunch of threads on caster setting, but none of them that I saw addressed whether or not chassis rake is used in the equation. Does this matter? If the chassis is sloping at a 5 degree angle towards the front is this amount considered?

Thank you..

The caster should be set with the car at ride height on level ground(on it's tires), not with the frame level.

The degree of rake is not important if done this way, since the caster angle is the angle of the kingpins in relation to the ground, assuming the ground is level.

Mike

The caster should be set with the car at ride height on level ground(on it's tires), not with the frame level.

The degree of rake is not important if done this way, since the caster angle is the angle of the kingpins in relation to the ground, assuming the ground is level.

Mike

Thanks Mike, once again I appreciate your help. I did find a very detailed article about straight axle car set up in street rodder which I have attached for others to peruse as well. http://www.streetrodderweb.com/tech...ht_axles/toe_in_toe_out_turns_suspension.html

Regards,

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back