Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Cheap dress up item...

EX JUNK

For a very inexpensive dress up piece, Lowes does it again. For $1.39/ea. you can get 1 1/8" chrome hole plugs that make perfect covers for the tops of your spindles on your axle. You must break off the "ears" and then apply a bit of silicone adhesive to them and put them in place. Check out the results in this picture.

IMG_2994.jpg

I used something like those from Lowes to cover the gennie headlight wire holes in om old '28 grill. Looks good on your spindle. I'll have to get some.

Great idea and tip, Thanks.

EX JUNK said:
For a very inexpensive dress up piece, Lowes does it again. For $1.39/ea. you can get 1 1/8" chrome hole plugs that make perfect covers for the tops of your spindles on your axle. You must break off the "ears" and then apply a bit of silicone adhesive to them and put them in place. Check out the results in this picture.

IMG_2994.jpg
What are these sold as at Lowes where would I find them ?

At my store, there's a section where they sell nuts and bolts. Now, in that section there's a few bins with stuff for projects and such. That's where I found them. I can't remember what they're called, but you'll see them there. Most stores seem to be lad out the same.

What Fred said is true. Just look for the draws of specialty stuff like stainless hardware and such.

I used them to plug the back end of my radius rods and a couple of misc. holes in my frame.

Thanks 4 the tip..
This is why I visit this site every night, you will always find cool ideas.....

:cool: Laz

I'll take ya back to the mid 50's when I was first doing this stuff,for some extra shine we'd use a coin,top of kingpin was a 50cent some other holes was what ever fit cent wise,some needed a little filing to press in.;)
Shined and cost less,plus looked cool.
Like penny lowfers:cool:

you find them in plumbing dept. also ,they are used to cover hole in stainless steel sink when you don't want to use the spray attachment

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back