Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Checking for level

mikesplumbing

Hey guys!

I had to rebuild my table and set up a new jig to make sure when I weld the frame sides to each other I wouldn't have any problems. Any suggestions as to the best means that you have all found work best for leveling the entire frame before welding.

I have a decent 4' level but was thinking of using a water line. Do most of you just use a level?

MIke

All I did when I made my frame. I had 4 pipe jacks. Laid 2 lengths of 2" pipe 4 feet long across the rear two and the front two. Then just made sure they were all level side to side and front to back. Laid my two frame rails on there and started welding. It ain't rocket science.[attachment=3389:Frame02.jpg]

All I did when I made my frame. I had 4 pipe jacks. Laid 2 lengths of 2" pipe 4 feet long across the rear two and the front two. Then just made sure they were all level side to side and front to back. Laid my two frame rails on there and started welding. It ain't rocket science.[attachment=3389:Frame02.jpg]

Thanks for the reply BlownT, I ended up doing it similar but building a basic frame from 2x4's and using a water hose filled with water to check for level.....it came out perfect.

Mike

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back