Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Collecting parts

tfeverfred

Well, I was lurking on ebay and found my first piece of shiny stuff for my T. A good steel set of chrome valve covers. The price was right and I had a little change rattling around in my pocket. Now I'm looking for a Hilborn style scoop for the carb I plan to run. I found a great oil pan from Summit racing that has a scrub plate on it. I'll get that when I need it, but I'll be looking to score one on the cheap, if I can. Air cleaner, valve covers and oilpan should do it for me and the look I want. "Nuevo Retro"!:lol:

I'm still undecided as to headers. I like the Sprints, but that "Jayster" style that Sanderson has sure look sweet! The only thing is the cost and I'd have to route an exhaust pipe and muffler setup, if I run them on the street. That would kinda kill the look. More research, I guess.

Sounds like your well on your way Fred. Looking forward to some new photo's. Still trying to unload my boat so I can get started on mine.

thomas:D

Fred (and any others that are reading this), the ads that appear right below your post are ads from eBay auctions. If you see something that catches your eye, click on the link and end up winning the auction, we get a small percentage of eBay's auction fee for displaying their ads.

Guys, this is a way to help financially support this forum, at no expense to yourselves. And the revenue will help pay for Web hosting, forum software license renewals and for add-ons like the vBlogetin blogging system and the vBPicGallery.

We're trying to target ads that will be beneficial for our users, and we hope you will remember to use these ads in the future. Every little bit helps.

The "Jayster" series header that Sanderson offers is like the "Limefire" header, isn't it?

Yea, Mike, they are about the same. I think the difference is the angle of the bends in the pipes. I thought about using baffles, but I'm not sure how effective that would be. Also the cost for them is a little more than I plan on spending now, But in the future I would like to try them out. They have a nice racer look to them. They also remind me of Milner uncorking his before the big race in American Graffiti. It'd be cool to play that out!:lol:

tfeverfred said:
Well, I was lurking on ebay and found my first piece of shiny stuff for my T. A good steel set of chrome valve covers. The price was right and I had a little change rattling around in my pocket. Now I'm looking for a Hilborn style scoop for the carb I plan to run. I found a great oil pan from Summit racing that has a scrub plate on it. I'll get that when I need it, but I'll be looking to score one on the cheap, if I can. Air cleaner, valve covers and oilpan should do it for me and the look I want. "Nuevo Retro"!:D

I'm still undecided as to headers. I like the Sprints, but that "Jayster" style that Sanderson has sure look sweet! The only thing is the cost and I'd have to route an exhaust pipe and muffler setup, if I run them on the street. That would kinda kill the look. More research, I guess.

Have you checked out the "Lake Style" U-Weld headers? If you can weld or have means of fabricating, these look pretty good. All cut/bent/ready to weld. Then you can either paint em or have em coated or whatever.
here's a link thingy....... "BH"

http://www.lakeheaders.com/Home.html

Uhh.... thanks for the advice and link, Huey, but this thread was 9 months ago.:eek: My babies almost all growed up!:D

Now, when I start that Speedster that's floating in the back of my head, they may get a call.;)

tfeverfred said:
... I'll get that when I need it, but I'll be looking to score one on the cheap, if I can. Air cleaner, valve covers and oilpan should do it for me and the look I want. "Nuevo Retro"!:lol:

I've got a SBC Chrome oil pan... same deal as last time if you want it... Excellent like brand new condition...

LumenAl said:
I've got a SBC Chrome oil pan... same deal as last time if you want it... Excellent like brand new condition...

Lumen, thanks for the offer, but I can't use it. Perhaps someone else would like it. You truly are one who looks out for others.:lol:

tbucketlar said:
I'm looking for a set of used small block chevy headers any condition just useable. Thanks, Lar:)

I've got an old set of headers I bought so when I broke the engine and the cam in, I wouldn't over heat the ceramic headers... I call them break in headers...

My original thought on those was to offer them up (for the price of shipping) to anyone that had a SBC to use to break in their engine, then they would pass them along to the next guy that needed them... well, it's been over a year and no takers... so if you want them... yours for the price of shipping... just let me know.

Lumenal, I sure would appreciate the use of your headers. If you could contact me at my email adress. I know it is Easter so do it when you can. My adree is tbucketlar@comcast.net. I will do like you did & pass them on to the next guy needing them or return them to you. Thanks Lar:)

Hey, when you are done let me know, I have been looking for some for months. I will need them in 6 or 8 weeks. When I am done I will gladly pass them on to the next person. What a great idea LumanAL. I have ceramic coated headers and sure don't want to screw them up !! --<< dduncan93@msn.com >>--

I'm interested in that oil pan if ya still got it.
if its a left hand dipstick.:D

Vance

LumanAL, It looks like about 6 to 8 weeks out for me. This a great idea you have, and I would be very glad to pass them on when I am done. I don't know when TBucketer may need them, sent him an email but haven't heard anything. I think he is first in line.:lol:

It does my heart good to see this kind of spirit here on T Bucketeers. LumanAl, you are truly a prince among men. My hats off to you!

Ron

TbucketLar - Lets keep in touch, when you get yours done, let me know and I will take them off your hands :D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back