Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Direct mount gauges

Fred...It's thinking like that that light a spark in some one elses thinking. That's how new inovations come to be. For goodness sake, don't ever stop!

Don't worry, Youngster, I'll NEVER stop! When you have more time than money, that leaves a lot of time for thinkin'.:lol:

Fred...Thanks for throwing that idea of yours out there...I like RPM's gauge set-up. hmm Tach, oil press and water temp outside cockpit...Interesting...

PaulR

How about both, In the dash and on the engine? I have a water temp and oil presure gauge on the front of the cowl on the passenger side facing the engine. I got a "T" for the oil and dual sending units,(one in each head) for the temp. When you work on your engine you dont have to leave your post and check the dash. I got the lights working and they give a nice glow. I have seen temp gauge in the upper radiator hose conector thingy also. By the looks of your rod they will look good anyplace you put them.

Thanks Dennis. I was mainly going for a minimal look for my dash. It just seemed like every T Bucket had the same looking dash. I have found a way to remedy the situation though.

I found a company that sells "pick guard" material for guitars. I'm going to attach some to the area for my guages.

http://www.warmoth.com/pickguards/pickguards.cfm?fuseaction=pickgaurds_g_material

materials_1.jpg

I'll go with a black and red scheme to match my frame and chassis.

I think it will look good as a background for a set of Stewart Warner white face classics.

guages.jpg

Here's one for you Fred. On the oval track motors, we have the guys wire in a 20lb. oil pressure switch that opens the ignition circuit when the pressure drops. If the pressure drops that far, the motor quits, period.

You just need a momentary on switch to wire around the OP switch, so you can start the motor. As soon as the motor picks up oil pressure, let go of the button and it's ready to go.

It never ceases to amaze me how a drag racer will click the motor at the first hint of trouble, whereas the average circle-track driver has a completely different mindset. "Ahhh, it's not that bad, I bet it'll get better in the next lap!"

Yeah..I've said that when I looked at the gas gauge when it's sittin' on E. "Ahhh, it's not that low. I'll bet I can make it home." :D:rofl:

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back