Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Driveshaft length

I'll say this . . . my driveshaft was one of the last things I did in my build. By the time you need yours, all the components involved will be in their "fixed" positions.

you may be right but if there is a guideline or limit to the length i'd rather know it now than after everything is in for good. where i put the body is partly determined by where the drivetrain goes and where the drivetrain goes may be partly determined by a minimum safe length of driveshaft.

Snicklefritz, I've never experienced a problem with it being too short. I'm still talking drive shafts here! How much space is there between the end of the tail shaft and the rear end yoke? I just went and measured my drive shaft. It is about 9" u joint to u joint. I suppose if there was a really short distance between the trans and the rear end, it might put undue stress on the u joints due to the extreme angle.
'
'

Snicklefritz, I've never experienced a problem with it being too short. I'm still talking drive shafts here! How much space is there between the end of the tail shaft and the rear end yoke? I just went and measured my drive shaft. It is about 9" u joint to u joint. I suppose if there was a really short distance between the trans and the rear end, it might put undue stress on the u joints due to the extreme angle.
'
'

that's the thing. the engine/trans and rearend are not in fixed spots yet. there are a few things up in the air at the moment: still waiting for parts from ron, still trying to sort an unresolved mess up with the motor mounts, and exact location of the body i've yet to determine. i think in the end all will be well it's just i like knowing certain things beforehand.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back